Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ThinkPad T440S
CPU
i5 4300U
Graphics
HD
Hi,

I want to change the Apple menu logo in the top left corner to something else. I've heard this is not an image but a unicode character. Anyone know where to find it? I'm thinking of changing to an X.

I'd also like to change "About this Mac" in the Apple menu to About this PC and I want to change the name of Finder (I've already managed to change it's icon).

Any tips gratefully received.

Thanks

Seems like no one knows how to do this. I've been looking for where the Apple Menu code might be but havent found it yet. I'm thinking another way to do this would be to edit the system font and change the Apple logo in it to what I want.

i believe the system font in Mojave is San Francisco and there are lots of SF fonts in /System/Library/Fonts. I'll try to see if I can work out which one is used by the menu bar and try changing it.

Seems like no one knows how to do this. I've been looking for where the Apple Menu code might be but havent found it yet. I'm thinking another way to do this would be to edit the system font and change the Apple logo in it to what I want.

i believe the system font in Mojave is San Francisco and there are lots of SF fonts in /System/Library/Fonts. I'll try to see if I can work out which one is used by the menu bar and try changing it.

Just try pressing Option+Shift+k on an Apple keyboard:



(Might work with "Alt" in stead of "Option" on a Windows keyboard but I haven't tried).

:)

Can you share how you changed the name of Finder? I will be very grateful for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back