Contribute
Register

Changing from iMac13,1 to iMac14,2 -- any point changing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
AMD RX570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Since updating to High Sierra, MultiBeast's default is to suggest I use the iMac14,2 system definition by default. Is there any benefit to using this over iMac 13,1?

I've been using the iMac 13,1 on my system for years as it's an LGA1155 based definition and match a system close to my specs. i5 3570k, GA-Z77X-UP5-TH, GeForce 960, 16GB RAM.

I already have iMessage / iCloud set-up. Am I correct in saying, if I switch to the recommended iMac14,2 definition then I'll need to re-generate new serial numbers in order to be able to use iMessage?

Thanks for the clarification @Stork.

I have the i5-3570K which seems to sit with the iMac13,1 & iMac13,2 system definitions. As these, both use the 3rd gen i5 chips whereas the iMac14 system definitions use the 4th Gen (4000 series).

@Stork I noticed you have a very similar spec to mine on your Thunderball machine. Which system definition do you currently use for this?

Thanks for the clarification @Stork.

I have the i5-3570K which seems to sit with the iMac13,1 & iMac13,2 system definitions. As these, both use the 3rd gen i5 chips whereas the iMac14 system definitions use the 4th Gen (4000 series).

@Stork I noticed you have a very similar spec to mine on your Thunderball machine. Which system definition do you currently use for this?
On Thunderball, I'm using iMac14,2 which is MultiBeast v9 for Sierra's default System Definition. I used it during the initial testing of MultiBeast for Sierra, it worked well and, so, I kept it as my System Definition.

However, I'll have to look into using another SysDef to see if it improves Thunderball's power management.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back