Graphics
550ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm running the following system on the Chameleon 2.0 RC5 Sandy Bridge bootloader from multi beast.

-i5-2500k
-GA-P67X-UD3-B3
-4G Ram
-ATI 5450 Graphics
-80G SSD Boot drive
-1TB HDD Media/ backup

I want to install Chimera so I can get my DVD player, about this mac, etc to work, but when I install it from multibeast I get a kernel panic and can't boot back into my system. Should I install from the stand alone installer? Is my system incompatible? Is it worth it?

guitfiddle said:
I'm running the following system on the Chameleon 2.0 RC5 Sandy Bridge bootloader from multi beast.

-i5-2500k
-GA-P67X-UD3-B3
-4G Ram
-ATI 5450 Graphics
-80G SSD Boot drive
-1TB HDD Media/ backup

I want to install Chimera so I can get my DVD player, about this mac, etc to work, but when I install it from multibeast I get a kernel panic and can't boot back into my system. Should I install from the stand alone installer? Is my system incompatible? Is it worth it?
If all you need is Chimera, use the stand alone installer.

Looking all over.

Could someone please point me to the differences between using Chimera and Chameleon?

Thanks.

I had to go in and set the pmversion in the bootlist to match that of the kernel, this should have resolved everything, but I also had to remove sleep enabler as well. Kinda disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back