Contribute
Register

Changing active usb ports using proper tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Everyone

I wanted to change the 15 usb ports in use as i found it wasnt the best way i had them set up. I went back to the "The New Beginner's Guide to USB Port Configuration" but it said to set up USB configuration in Catalina as allowing all usb ports to work to chose the 15 from doesnt work in later osx.

I already have a working USBPorts.kext can i just go into this in proper tree and switch ports on and off as i already know the numbers of the ports. Looking at this in proper tree i dont understand how to do this. Sorry i am a bit of a noob.

Any tips appreciated , i have attached a screen shot of the proper tree with it open. For each port i can see

Data and USBconnector number.
yes, you can use that, PlistEditPro is a nicer program to use

I dont understand how i open or close the ports, as in what values to enter.
delete the ones you don't want

thank you and what about to open one what values do i enter, for example SS07
depends on what port it is

ie USB3 or USB-C etc

what about to open one what values do i enter, for example SS07
You should really do all of this within the Hackintool app as the guide suggests. Then you don't need to use a plist editor to add or remove ports. Run Hackintool again, make changes and save the new kext.

You should really do all of this within the Hackintool app as the guide suggests. Then you don't need to use a plist editor to add or remove ports. Run Hackintool again, make changes and save the new kext.
The problem is i cannot get all the ports to work to set what i need in hackintool, i just tried using the https://github.com/CaseySJ/OS-X-USB-Inject-All/releases but my hack would not boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back