Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 760
Hello,

I just upgraded my Hackintosh that I have been using for a few years, from Yosemite to Sierra using clover and had a clean installation. Multibeast worked fine and almost everything worked. The only thing that didn't work was CUDA, which I need to run Premiere Pro and After Effects smoothly. Even after downloading an updated driver it still didn't work, so I figured it was because my system definition was 14,2, and so using Clover Configurator I changed it to 5,1. Well, it was a mistake because now I can't boot, not even in safe mode. I tried generating a random smbios of 14,2 and 3,1 to enter into the clover bootloader menu, but that didn't work. I even tried erasing the hard drive and reinstalling Sierra, but because I need a Time Machine Backup to be restored in order to get all my files back, the backup has the config.plist with the 5,1 system definition, and so it still won't boot. I tried mounting the EFI disk in single user mode but it is not allowed! If I can get into the EFI and into the config.plist from single user mode, I might be able to change the smbios...but I'm not sure if even that will work.

Does anybody have any solutions?
Will installing Sierra without macOS Backup Recovery and then transferring the files to my main drive later work? And is the EFI disk part of the Time Machine Backup? I'm not really sure about how this works so it would be great if you could explain this to me.

My specs are:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU: i7-3770k
GPU: GTX760
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4x8GB

If you need me to provide more information, please let me know.
Thank you so much for your help.

You can change the SMBIOS settings from the CLOVER boot loader screen.
On the boot loader screen, hit the down arrow when it appears and choose

Options > SMBIOS

you can edit it in there.

Change it back to imac 14,2

Also, you don't really need CUDA to make Adobe CC run smoothly on a Mac.

Premiere can use either OpenCL or CUDA for GPU acceleration. Instead of CUDA you can select OpenCL in the the Premiere project settings ->General -> Video Rendering and Playback -> Renderer->Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (OpenCL)

Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 1.02.44 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 1.22.36 AM.png
After Effects, only needs CUDA for GPU acceleration of ray-traced 3D render.
Unless you're doing 3D Ray-tracing in AE you don't need CUDA. AE uses OpenGL for accelerated playback
https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/rendering-opengl.html

CUDA only works on a Mac with very specific model GPUs such as the Quadro

Last edited:
You can change the SMBIOS settings from the CLOVER boot loader screen.
On the boot loader screen, hit the down arrow when it appears and choose

Options > SMBIOS

you can edit it in there.

Change it back to imac 14,2

Also, you don't really need CUDA to make Adobe CC run smoothly on a Mac.

Premiere can use either OpenCL or CUDA for GPU acceleration. Instead of CUDA you can select OpenCL in the the Premiere project settings ->General -> Video Rendering and Playback -> Renderer->Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (OpenCL)

View attachment 235815 View attachment 235816
After Effects, only needs CUDA for GPU acceleration of ray-traced 3D render.
Unless you're doing 3D Ray-tracing in AE you don't need CUDA. AE uses OpenGL for accelerated playback
https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/rendering-opengl.html

CUDA only works on a Mac with very specific model GPUs such as the Quadro

Hi! I decided to reload the software and just start from scratch, but thank you for the reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back