Contribute
Register

Change to Clover was one step back (iCloud)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3
CPU
i5-760
Graphics
ATI Radeon 5770
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi

After having used Yosemite for some time, installed with the Unibeast/Multibeast method, and only having the iMessage issue, i decided to re-install using Clover as various sources point to iMessage fix was easier then.

Actually now it is also icloud that is not working. Not very usable either, not being able to log in to app store.

I have done the post installations steps regarding imessage using the debug info and the Clover COnfigurator.
I have noticed that my SMUUID actually changes after each boot (also a commen thread problem). Have tried to manually generate an enter this SMUUID but did not help either.
I have read a number of threads about this issue including the dedicated iMessage fix thread. Biggest problem with this forum is toooo much information and threads constantly being hijacked.
So actually gave up.

I guess there isn't a: "THis is what you have to do to get icloud login working"?

Besides that my Bluetooth is unstable now. Worked perfectly on the old installation.

br Lars

Hi

After having used Yosemite for some time, installed with the Unibeast/Multibeast method, and only having the iMessage issue, i decided to re-install using Clover as various sources point to iMessage fix was easier then.

Actually now it is also icloud that is not working. Not very usable either, not being able to log in to app store.

I guess there isn't a: "THis is what you have to do to get icloud login working"?

@larsras,

All the answers to your questions are in the iMessage/iCloud ID guide:-

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html

Unfortunately iMessage is currently an issue due to new Apple Verification processes however all other aspects of iCloud will work just fine.

SmUUID issues are dealt more specifically in Part-2 of the guide ...

Each step of the guide covers the problem and the solution using either Legacy boot-loaders or Clover

Cheers
Jay

Thanks for responding.

I have already worked my way through part 2 and that didn't help.

Can it be because i already have had this exact hardware config (except hdd) in use but with a Yosemite Unibeast/Multibeast installation?
In case of yes, how do i then overcome this issue?

Actually i got iCloud and AppStore login working now. The confusion seems to have been that i was not able to get MLB and ROM values (iMessage debug just printed "failed") from my original working Unibeast/Multibeast installation.
iMessage is not working of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back