Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell XPS 15 9560
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630, 4K
I have a Dell XPS 13 9343 with Brodwell CPU and HD 5500 and am planning to upgrade it to Ventura. To do that I updated OpenCore to 0.8.6. Before doing the Ventura upgrade, I first tried to change the SystemProductName from "MacBookPro12,1" to "MacBookPro14,1" and still boot into Monterey. The machine is booted OK but just have bluetooth disabled. If I change it back to "MacBookPro12,1", bluetooth is then OK.

Not sure what kind of impact the change of SystemProductName has. Anything else should I do?

I have a Dell XPS 13 9343 with Brodwell CPU and HD 5500 and am planning to upgrade it to Ventura. To do that I updated OpenCore to 0.8.6. Before doing the Ventura upgrade, I first tried to change the SystemProductName from "MacBookPro12,1" to "MacBookPro14,1" and still boot into Monterey. The machine is booted OK but just have bluetooth disabled. If I change it back to "MacBookPro12,1", bluetooth is then OK.

Not sure what kind of impact the change of SystemProductName has. Anything else should I do?
you also need to change your USBPort.kext info.plist to MacBookPro14,1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back