Asus H170M-plus/CSM
CPU
Intel core i7-6700K 4Ghz
Graphics
MSI GTX 980ti gaming 6GB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hey guys,

I am wanting to upgrade to Sierra from El Capitan.

At the moment I cannot since my definition is MacPro 3.1 (Early 08).
I am wanting to change this to 5.1 or 6.1 but I have no idea how to go about it in MultiBeast.
This is not a fresh system and my build is about 2 years old, so I haven't used multiBeast in a while.

Will I have to reselect all my driver, bootloader settings etc, as well as the new definition selection?
Or can I just select the new definition and install?

Also is there any .kext files I will have to remove or change in order to get it to work?

Thanks for the help.

You should read the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.

I am wanting to upgrade to Sierra from El Capitan.

At the moment I cannot since my definition is MacPro 3.1 (Early 08).
I am wanting to change this to 5.1 or 6.1 but I have no idea how to go about it in MultiBeast.
Changing to MacPro5,1 or MacPro6,1 can lead to other problems.
You should use a system definition that matches your hardware as closely as possible.
You can determine this by looking at everymac.com or the free Mactracker app, we recommend iMac14,2 now in the same way that we used to recommend MacPro3,1.

Will I have to reselect all my driver, bootloader settings etc, as well as the new definition selection?
Or can I just select the new definition and install?
You only need to select the new system definition :

iMac.png

Also is there any .kext files I will have to remove or change in order to get it to work?
Hard to answer without knowing what you have but EvOreboot.kext should definitely be removed if you have it.

You should probably upgrade Clover.

Ok I got a serious problem now. I have updated clover to the current 4509 like you recommend and now OSX won't boot at all! (it is not discovering my OSX drive in boot manager.) Please tell me I didn't just lose everything... Please help.

Sorry about that, fixed my account now.

As I understand it after reading that, all I'll need to do is boot off an installer USB so I can use clover 4509 (version that allows you to install VBoxHfs-64.efi provided in the link).

Then install VBoxHfs-64.efi.

And this will allow my original drive containing MacOS to be partitioned again?

Would it have to be the same as the operating system I currently have on that drive? (I have 2 separate drives by the way. One MacOS, the other being Windows 10. Not sure is that info helps).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back