Contribute
Register

Change my graphics driver back to ATI Radeon 5000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mountain Lion
CPU
Graphics
AMD HD 5670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,
I have an ATI Radeon 5670 graphics card..
when i first created a hackintosh last year, it needed a whole lot of drivers..
but recently, i formatted my drive and reinstalled Lion..
of course the graphics card was supported this time without extra kexts..

MY QUESTION:

When at first after the format,, it identified the graphics card as ATI Radeon 5000..
which was working great..

Now, all of a sudden, it realized the true graphics card, and identified it as ATI Radeon 5670..
which is working good, but it shows two displays instead of one, the real display connected to the graphic card port, and another VGA, which doesn't exist!!

So
Is there anyway to let my hackintosh identify my graphics card as ATI Radeon 5000, so it fixes the problem??
unless you know another way of solving it ;) ?

thnx

Hi,
I've got almost the same problem here, only my video card is a 5770.
I've just installed 10.7 and booted then launched Multibeast Lion vers. Checked user's DSDT ( which i got from the database) and funny but it shows two displays, mine, and another one VGA 800x600. My video card is just recognized as "ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series 1024 MB"
Did you fixed this out ?
thanks

Yep, got it figured out..

just set the Graphics Enabler to "No" in org.chameleon.Boot.plist which is located in /Extra..

hope i could help..

thanks a lot it works for me as well !!

Thank you for this useful link !
I followed the guide and in terminal when typing "bdmesg" I'm now getting this :
Code:
Using PCI-Root-UID value: 1
ATI Framebuffer Addr: @0xE0000000  MMIO Addr: @0xFBDC0000 I/O Port Addr: @0x0000EE00 ROM Addr: @0x00000000
ATI card POSTed, reading Video BIOS from legacy space
Card reported ports: 4
Framebuffer set to: Vervet using device's default.
Number of ports set to: 4 using framebuffer's default.
ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series 1024MB [1002:68b8] (subsys [0000:0000]) (Juniper:Vervet) :: PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

So i guess it's all fine.(except it only says 5700 series instead of 5770)
Now the only thing is there is this "ghost" display that came back ! and it's really weird having the mouse disappearing in an inexisting display !
ghost.png

How can i get rid of it ?
The only way I found was adding "GraphicsEnabler=No" in org.chameleon.Boot.plist
But then it won't load the correct frame buffer will it ? And Apple DVP Player app will crash...
Is there another way?

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back