CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
GTX 980
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
After the High Sierra 10.13.6 installation fro some reason I have 17G2208 build.
How to change this build to another one?
Manually downloading and installing update of another version does nothing, the build remains the same.
Thanks

After the High Sierra 10.13.6 installation fro some reason I have 17G2208 build.
How to change this build to another one?
Manually downloading and installing update of another version does nothing, the build remains the same.
Thanks

Hi there.

Try the Security Updates.

Once the main OS has rolled-over to a new one, the previous system is still updated with "Security Updates" instead of point upgrades.

The latest for High Sierra was 2019-001 - labelled as: "Security Update 2019-1 10.3.6" on the App Store - I installed this myself. Build number is now 17G5019.

:)

Last edited:
update.jpeg

This one? for some reason I install it, but it is still there

View attachment 383592
This one? for some reason I install it, but it is still there

Yes, that's the one :thumbup:

When you install it (as you probably saw) it is actually just like a normal point update. This means when it reboots the first time you need to choose the "Install ... " left-most Clover icon option.

Could be why it didn't fully install?

Take a look in the drive Library/Updates folder. Is there anything in there? For mine I think the sub-folder for the Security Update was called: 041-31490 (it's gone now, obviously).

:)

Thank you very much. solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back