Graphics
geforce gtx 660 2gb
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Since the grey apple boot screen wont fit my 25" lcd is there any way i can change the image to black so it doesnt look soo odd? Can anybody tell me the location of the image? Im not talking about the chimera boot either as there is black themes. I mean the screen with the spinning wheel and grey apple logo. This would be on 10.8.2

Thanks!

Since the grey apple boot screen wont fit my 25" lcd is there any way i can change the image to black so it doesnt look soo odd? Can anybody tell me the location of the image? Im not talking about the chimera boot either as there is black themes. I mean the screen with the spinning wheel and grey apple logo. This would be on 10.8.2

Thanks!

Code:
sudo perl -pi.bak -e 's;\xff\xff\xff\xbf\xbf\xbf;\xff\xff\xff\x00\x00\x00;g' boot

this should do it :)

Code:
sudo perl -pi.bak -e 's;\xff\xff\xff\xbf\xbf\xbf;\xff\xff\xff\x00\x00\x00;g' boot

i tried that in terminal and it says there is no such directory as boot?

i tried that in terminal and it says there is no such directory as boot?

"cd /" then write the command.

Btw. my solution is: make an image that have the boot screen resolution, make it black, put an apple logo in the middle of it, and set it as boot logo (/extra/themes/<themename>/boot.png)
I made my boot screen iOS-like with this way, the whole screen is black, and the apple logo is in the middle.

Code:

Did you tried this? Is this really works?

Yup it worked great, even added a custom apple logo. Problem is now i cannot see the grey spinning wheel. Any fix for that?

You used the terminal command for the black background, or the method that I wrote?

EDIT: Terminal command works! Thank you qb84!

Code:

Thank you sir

Yup it worked great, even added a custom apple logo. Problem is now i cannot see the grey spinning wheel. Any fix for that?

Same problem here. I change boot.png with a custom with black background and i cannot see the grey spinning wheel. How can i change the color of spinning wheel? Maybe from file "Theme.plist?? :problem:

Anyway to get back from "
sudo perl -pi.bak -e 's;\xff\xff\xff\xbf\xbf\xbf;\xff\xff\xff\x00\x00\x00;g' boot"?
I dont like it black.
I know, i'm a dumb.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back