CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
RX 5500 XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Can I run the Chameleon Wizard to install the boot0 and boot1h then just replace the Chameleon boot file with the Chimera one?

I have the latest Chameleon installed and want to try Chimera but prefer not to use the installer unless I have to for some odd reason?

I have Pacifist to extract the i386 folder and get the boot file that way.

You can compile the Chimera boot file yourself at Terminal using Xcode via SVN pointing at the Chimera source.

Then you can manually install the boot file yourself.

notshy said:
You can compile the Chimera boot file yourself at Terminal using Xcode via SVN pointing at the Chimera source.

Then you can manually install the boot file yourself.

But CHimera Boot file should already be compiled no?

I am just asking if I can replace the Chameleon Boot with the Chimera one but stick with the Boot0 and boot1h that was installed by Chameleon.

Hi!

I would be really happy if you could upload these files from chimera i386 folder, as I would like to replace these files manually as well. I currently have no other way of getting these files.

Thanks in advance,

Uroš

uiop said:
Hi!

I would be really happy if you could upload these files from chimera i386 folder, as I would like to replace these files manually as well. I currently have no other way of getting these files.

Thanks in advance,

Uroš

DITTO!

Or, are there any articles online that could more fully describe how to compile the boot files?

Use pacifist to extract it you will see all the files there and just grab the boot file. I did it and it works fine on a post chameleon install.

Can I run the Chameleon Wizard to install the boot0 and boot1h then just replace the Chameleon boot file with the Chimera one?

I have the latest Chameleon installed and want to try Chimera but prefer not to use the installer unless I have to for some odd reason?

I have Pacifist to extract the i386 folder and get the boot file that way.

I have a related question:

Chimera being a specialized Chameleon boot loader, can I use Chameleon Wizard on a Chimera/MultiBeast 7 Yosemite HackIntosh installation? This wizard seems to have very convenient features.

Will I get a kernel panic or otherwise detriment my working Chimera/MultiBeast Yosemite 10.10.2 install? Or is this possible.
Would it be safe to change some options as long as I do not install Chameleon on top of Chimera, or are there portions of the Chameleon Wizard that can be used safely as long as I d not use certain portions of the Wizard?

If not advised at all, is there a Chameleon Wizard alternative for MultiBeast Install?

If it can be done, can one switch from a Chimera install to a Chameleon install by using Chameleon Wizard to install the Chameleon boot loader? If so, what would be the safest way to do this?

Thank you so much for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back