1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Specs:
4670K Intel i5
GA-Z87MX-D3H
AMD R9 280X
Single Samsung EVO
Latest OS X (10.9.2) and latest Chameleon (77)
----------------------------
So here is my Problem:
I installed Chameleon to the EFI Partition correctly, but when I delete the "boot" file on my Root Volume I get into the "boot0: error" bug. When I leave it on the Volume everything goes fine except I can't configure any settings in Chameleon. It boots up into a black screen with white letters. "AMD BIOS V3 Version of Chameleon etc.". I can read them for about a second. Then it just boots OS X. So Chameleon does not load any of the settings .plist (It doesn't load the one on the EFI nor the one on the Root Volume). But I can change settings in the SMBios.plist. This is the only one that loads up correctly! So I'am worried about iMessage because the FileNVRAM doesn't get loaded (No module gets loaded) and I can't set a Theme or enable the C stats of the CPU in Chameleon.

Is there any way to get rid of this problem?

Thanks a lot!

Did you follow the boot0 error guide on the board? Here http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

In there is a command

dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2

Obviously with EFI not being on partition 2 but 1 the command changes to

dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s1

Also the move of Chameleon to the EFI partition, is described here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/401-install-bootloader-extra-efi-partition.html . There it says to copy the boot files like this:

dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s1

I'm sure when I followed the boot0 guide and the move of the EFI partition the second time, I did the last command but modified it to
dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s1 and
dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s1

That eventually did it. You can not do this just by doing these commands. Follow the guides.

I followed the EFI Partition guide. And used /disk0s1 instead of /rdisk0s1 but still no succes...
boot0: test
boot0: done
boot1: error

As soon as I delete the Boot file out of the Root volume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back