Graphics
visiontek ati radeon 5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Well that's really it. I have 10.6.8 installed on it's own drive, a FAT32 drive I use to store important files, and a third drive with Windows 7 and Ubuntu on it. I tried reinstalling Chimera, didn't work, I tried installing Chameleon, didn't work, and I tried selecting Mac OSX from Grub, which for some reason just restarts the system (a problem I assume has to do with the bootloader on OSX). When OSX is the main boot disk with any other drives plugged in, I just get a \, although sometimes it's a |. In any case, it isn't spinning, and iboot nor rboot help me out here. Ubuntu and Windows 7 see the drive when I boot into those, and OSX still boots just fine so long as it is the only one plugged in.

I can't actually think of when this problem popped up considering how much trouble I've gone through lately with Windows. It had a nasty virus that I had to reinstall the OS for, and consequently Ubuntu. I do know for a fact that I could still boot into OSX just fine after I wiped the Windows/Ubuntu disk, but it was about this time that the issue appeared. One thing I believe it may be is I did a software update in OSX at about the same time, a security update, a printer driver update, and I think itunes and flash or something trivial like that.

I also tried redoing the user DSDT install, but this did not work. Any help would be supremely appreciated. Thanks.

Your boot loader seems to be corrupted, and if it's the case, reinstalling it won't solve the issue. You have to alternatives here:

1) flashing your boot1h file: ask for help with the process here -> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/231075-chameleon-22svn-official-pkg-installer-binaries/

2) switch to Clover (remember to try it first in a FAT32-formatted USB stick): that way, you'll never get this error again, and will be able to use the full set of features of your motherboard (if it's UEFI or hybrid). Ask for help here -> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284656-clover-general-discussion/page__st__1180#entry1891011

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back