Nvidia GeForce GT 440
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello everyone,
I've succesfully installed Yosemite on my desktop following the installation guide (with the latest Unibeast). However, this is the issue i'm facing. Even though I've installed the latest Chimera with Multibeast 7.3.0 (I've even tried the standalone version), when I try to boot without the USB key I get the Chameleon 2.0 theme, and yes, it asks for mach_kernel.

This is similar to what I get, I do have windows installed on another hard drive too.

SBSH0404.jpg

Booting with the USB drive works just fine and even shows the eyed-mountain Yosemite icon. Now, one weird thing I've noticed is that this chameleon 2.0 get's installed on the hard drive even before I open multibeast on a fresh install of Yosemite :confused: (right after installing Yosemite with the USB key). I had Mountain Lion installed in the same hard drive (in dual boot with Windows 7) but I've formatted the whole thing. Any ideas?

BTW it seem I cannot update chameleon with Multibeast nor the standalone.

use flag kernel=kernel then use chameleon wizard add kernel in the kernel box

No luck, tried booting with kernel=kernel flag without the USB but I'm still getting can't find mach_kernel. I Booted with kernel=kernel flag from the USB key, installed chameleon wizard and checked the kernel box.

The result is that now I can't boot by selecting Yosemite with the chameleon within the usb key I'm getting "Can't find /System/Library/Kernels/, now selecting USB (not Yosemite) takes me to the installed Yosemite instead of the Installer :eek:. Seriously, I don't know what's going on here.

I'm formatting the usb key again (while I can) but now I think I'll try the method described here, hopefully installing Yosemite that way will not give me errors.

Please read the rules and complete the profile so that your system information shows in the left side bar below your user ID.

And when you are at the desktop of your OS X installation, open the terminal and issues this command:

diskutil list

Copy the report and paste it into your next post on this subject.

Good modding,
neil

Thanks Neil, I've completed my profile on system information. And I managed to solve the issue :thumbup:. It was pretty silly actually. I was using "EasyBCD" from windows to choose the OS on boot, it looks like that software incorporates chamelon 2.0.

Anyway, the issue now is I can't select the mac hard drive as default on my BIOS, but I think I should solve that one myself since it's not about the installation, which, after some issues with VoodooHDA and Boot0 error,
is up and running smoothly, sound and network working nicely. Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back