Contribute
Register

chad78's Build: Asus P8Z77-V LK - Core i5 3570k

Status
Not open for further replies.
did you select the appleintelcpupowermanagement kext option in multibeast?

you say you arent using patched appleintelcpu kext, and you arent using patched bios, and you say you arent using nullcpu.

if you genuinely arent using any of the above, then your board is the only one of its kind (which i doubt)

Yes, just be be clear I am using nullcpu, patched appleintelcpupowermanagement 10.7.4 and possibly the patched
appleintelcpu kext? I installed all these kexts last summer with the old bios but sleep still wasn't working, so I
don't remember If I removed the patched appleintelcpu? I just know that after installing the new bios 0904 sleep
started working.

appleintelcpupowermanagement and appleintelcpu kext are the same thing, just different ways of saying it (its really long to type fully).

if you have sleep working, you arent using nullcpu.

the modded bios is basically a permenant replacement or alternative for the patched appleintelcpupowermanagement kext, as the kext gets returned to stock after a major update. its either/or, based on preference.

you and medianjoe were making it sound as if you had the board working with 100% native power management, so was a little confused.

bios updates can have an effect on sleep and the like.

Hi Chad. Great write-up. I was able to get this same mobo/cpu combo working. However, the HD Graphics 4000 video doesn't act as I would hope it would. Are you actually seeing the driver load for the card, and can you do things like run basic 3D apps, and change resolutions without hardcoding in bootloader? This is what I see - http://cl.ly/image/3a2l0E1M3v1m I cannot run 3D apps either.

The cause of the kernel panic was the system definition.

• No patched BIOS is needed.
  • No patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext is needed.
  • MacPro3,1 or MacPro5,1 may cause kernel panic. I don't know why...
  • Macmini5,3 works very well.
  • iMac13,1 works except for speed step.
I modified /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist

• DropSSDT = Yes
  • GenerateCState = Yes
  • GeneratePState = No
and installed a SSDT.aml in multibeast 5.1.3. (i.e., SSDT for i5/i7 overclocking) and set the turbo boost multiplier to 42 in BIOS. I get p-states 16, 23, 31, 38, 40, 42 now.

hey medianjoe...finally you've used Macmini 5,3 sys def?

and also...in the multibeast there isn't SSDT for ivybridge, only sandy bridge ssdt!!have you installed them anyway?

I have asus p8z77v le with modified bios 0705 , i5 3570k, only gt640 gigabyte, 8 gb ram , patched appleIntelCpuetcetcetc ( :) ) and actually mac pro 3,1. sleep doesn't work (it wakes up but blank screen) and cpu not recognized error (maybe macmini sys def will solve my problems :)

Hello, I am trying to get this motherboard functioning fully with a Core i5 3570.

The system boots fine (though slowly for an SSD - about a minute where Windows takes five seconds) after running MultiBeast but inserting a USB thumbdrive causes the USB ports to cease functioning. The mouse pointer moves but clicking gives no response. Also, the Intel HD 4000 graphics are identified as HD 2500 with only 64MB memory. The resolution is stuck at 1024x768 - I need 1920x1200.

Have tried loading Chameleon many times without success and followed Chad's MultiBeast screenshot exactly. Kextbeast tells me it is installing kexts properly, but nothing appears in bootlist after trying to enable the Netgear Wi-Fi card.

The BIOS is set up as closely as I can manage with the Gigabyte directions (AHCI). Does anyone have ideas to solve these problems? Thank you.

Hi,

I've had some success and some failure with these options. http://cl.ly/image/1e0133371J0J

I used:
  • MultiBeast 5.2.0.
  • Mountain Lion 10.8.2
  • Macmini 5,3
  • Bios version updated to 0904
  • SSD
  • Set the memory for GPU in bios to 192M (dunno if this even matters)

What works?
- Sound
- Network
- Video Somewhat (can set resolution only via org.chameleon.Boot.plist)
- Lite-on Blue Ray drive

What doesn't?
- MultiBeast installed the boot loader but it didn't install the /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist. I had to manually create this file. Install would 'Fail' whenever I would try to set Boot options until I manually created this file (which I grabbed from the Chameleon website install package - this was very frustrating!)
- Sleep ( but I didn't try either of the
appleintelcpupowermanagement options yet)
- Boot is unusually slow 60+ seconds from SSD (does also say can't recognize CPU). Seems to hang up right before Network does DHCP.
- Video card isn't really functional. Doesn't appear in System panel properly, and I can't run apps that require a real GPU (i.e. Starcraft won't boot) Appears in panel only as :
http://cl.ly/image/3a2l0E1M3v1m (anyone have ideas on this?)
- USB 3

Cheers!

I've built a similar machine recently
i followed Chads build ideas and got the following gear working with a little tweaking

ASUS P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

Intel Core i5 3570K Unlocked Gen3 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz 6MB Cache LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Processor

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

firstly
I flashed the bios to the 0904 build
tweaked the bios to use the correct videocard

then installed 10.8.2 via unibeast
afterwards i ran multibeast 5.2 and ticked only UserDSDT (without using a DSDT)
this configured most of the settings for me

i then ran multibeast again and installed Audio, third party SATA, LNX2MAC Network driver, and also the fakesmc+nullcpu
afterwards i installed the aicpupm.kext and it seems to sleep ok haven't tested too much

the only thing i'm having issues with is the usb 3 ports not working.

dishtestman, p_lazarou: my HD4000 works well but I had to set the resolution in org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

mauroalpha: Macmini5,3 was the best def for my pc….. wait... mac. Speed stepping, over locking, sleeping all work.

p_lazarou: Sleep will not work until you uninstall nullcpupowermanagement.kext and then install appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext, either original or patched version.

hd4000info.png

I can't get it to boot without going into safe boot. Every time I don't use -x, I get stuck at the apple logo. What did you do to prevent that problem?
P8Z77-V LK, i7 Ivy Bridge 3770, 0904 BIOS

mauroalpha: Macmini5,3 was the best def for my pc….. wait... mac. Speed stepping, over locking, sleeping all work.

MedianJoe, I've tried macmini 5,3 but system gives me kernel panic. I've tried ssdt (and drop ssdt into boot file) with the one of i5 from multibeast lion but nothing has changed.

From multibeast ML I'm using FakeSmc, FakeSmcPlugin (but the hw monitor doesn't work) and AICPM.

i've tried all sys def but the best one is macpro 3,1 and I get a 10922 points in geekbench 64 bit. I'm using only gt640 card..

sleep doesn't work...it goes in sleep but doesn't wake up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back