Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
After being able to get on the internet when booting from Hard drive, I get 4 messages telling me the same thing

The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer.

The four seem to be my CD drive, DVD drive, External Hard Drive (Where I keep backups)

Icons on Desk top are missing so I cannot access CD/DVD drives or other HDs

I get thew error messages whether or not I use iBoot disk. Booting with iBoot gives me choice of systems to access (Windows 7, Windows XP or Apple

What ever this problem is I am sure it must be something simple BUT???

Re: CD & DVD Plrs, Ext/inte DH icons on Desk Top Missing

oldarturo said:
After being able to get on the internet when booting from Hard drive, I get 4 messages telling me the same thing

The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer.

The four seem to be my CD drive, DVD drive, External Hard Drive (Where I keep backups)

Icons on Desk top are missing so I cannot access CD/DVD drives or other HDs

I get thew error messages whether or not I use iBoot disk. Booting with iBoot gives me choice of systems to access (Windows 7, Windows XP or Apple

What ever this problem is I am sure it must be something simple BUT???

Did you check your BIOS settings ?
Did you install from a Purchased Retail Mac OS X Snow Leopard DVD ?
Which kexts did you install ? and how?
As we use the same motherboard, you might want to check my blog for BIOS settings and MultiBeast options.

Good Luck !
Lnx2Mac

I checked BIOS settings and altered them to ape your blog of your settings with a couple of variables. First boot CD ROM instead of disabled is one of them.
I did use a purchased Retail Mac OS x Snow Leopard DVD.
I didn't install any kexts. Any that were installed were the result of using Multibeast.
Looking in the Finder there are a bunch of kexts and I didn't look everywhere.

I am beginning to think I should start over but don't want to.

The external hard drive is connected via USB and so is the keyboard, printer, mouse, and scanner which all work just fine.

I'll go over the BIOS settings again to be sure I set them right.

oldarturo said:
I checked BIOS settings and altered them to ape your blog of your settings with a couple of variables. First boot CD ROM instead of disabled is one of them.
You can reduce boot-time by using F12 to select the CD-ROM only when you need to boot off the CD.

I didn't install any kexts. Any that were installed were the result of using Multibeast.
Which options did you select in MultiBeast ?
What do you have under /Extra and /Extra/Extensions ?

I am beginning to think I should start over but don't want to.
Sometimes starting over is the easiest way... And it should not take more than about 30~40 minutes.

Thanks for tip on F12.

I misinformed you. Originally used Multibeast but wasn't getting it. So you made me a CustomBeast-oldarturo which is what I used . I don't recall any options.

Under /Extra --- no kexts

Under Extra/Exrtensions I found

Extensions.bak.mkext and

Extensions.mkxt

Bye for now Art

One more thing. I used the F12 and booted with CD and the CD was ejected after Mac came up minus access to drives.

I'm going for my afternoon nap and then I'll tackle starting from scratch-- probably use the custombeast you made for me.

oldarturo said:
Thanks for tip on F12.
:thumbup:

I misinformed you. Originally used Multibeast but wasn't getting it. So you made me a CustomBeast-oldarturo which is what I used .

I'll leave this for tonymacx86 and MacMan as I have no idea what's in the CustomBeast.

Oops I had you confused with MacMan.

oldarturo said:
Oops I had you confused with MacMan.

Thanks... But, I'm old and fat ;)

Thanks for your help Lnx2Mac I started from scratch and all seems to be working just fine except audio. Found I had not removed RealtekR100... so did so. Rebooted and installed RealtekRT81.... but still no audio

Art

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back