Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
This is probably already being discussed elsewhere, but i wasnt able to find a matching post, so forgive me. I was wondering what to do about those occasional CD/DVD ROM drive spin ups, like every 3-4 minutes or so? Also since I updated my last DSDT file my external eSATA drive is no longer "orange". I can eject it but cant remount it, once it was ejected? Does anybody know if there is a fix for these things?

thanks

qd

Since the disk on your eSATA port is no longer orange the only way to remount he disk is from Disk Utilities where you select the grayed out volume and click on Mount. You can also alway remount from Terminal.

If the volume was orange if you either disconnect and reconnect the drive or power cycle it it will remount.

What do you have installed in /Extras/Extensions?

Thanks for the answer MacMan; yeah coincidentally i found that out in the disk utility myself, that would be the only option for me right now. Since i dont need the esata drive too often this will do i guess.

In my extra folder there are:
EvOreboot.kext
fakesmc.kext
JMicronATA.kext
LegacyHDA.kext
PlatformUUID.kext

Anything that could go here?

And what about that spining up CD drive? Any ideas?

cheers

quad

Are you using a DSDT and what boot loader are you using?

If you have a DSDT and are using Chameleon 2.0 RC4 AsereBLN 1.1.9 you can delete the following kexts:

EvOreboot.kext
PlatformUUID.kext

The JMicronATA.kext is only required if you want to use the IDE port.

Right now I'm using a customized DSDT from multibeast i suppose (timestamp 2.3.2010 19.53h) got it from the forum=tony or multibeast, Im not sure anymore. And either Im on AsereBLN 1.1.8 or 1.1.9...

Anyways I'm gonna try it without the kexts you mentioned, if thats really safe. This is my productive system right now. My MBP just wont boot no more, will have to set it up again.

cheers

quad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back