Contribute
Register

CBorg's "IvyBrick" Build: Intel i7-3770 - ASRock H77M-ITX - Mountain Lion 10.8.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just tried what happens if I just unplug the case fan;

First of all, it is getting warm (what a surprise)...up to 80/90 degrees CPU temperature under load. So, I have to plug it in again by chance :)

But second, with this, the BIOS did not show the CPU fan speed anymore at all. Bug or feature?

Anyway, have to turn on the case fan again, and still, the fans are too fast and too load for my taste...

Strange. Is Speedstep working on your system? If your system is idle, is the CPU frequency reduced to 1.6GHz (or similar) according to HWMonitor?

For me it does not show the speed for each core separately, but I can see that CPU package goes down to about 1.6GHz....

and still it only shows one of the two fans in HWMonitor...constantly at 1174rpm....

Hi,

I am trying to get Snow Leopard installed on my ASRock H77M ITX with an i5 2400 and GTX550Ti

I can boot with iBoot (GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1) but Chimera goes to a black screen and freezes (no response from caps button on my Mac Pro keyboard, the key doesn't light up when i press it) I have tried re-installing using Multibeast for snow leopard with various options.

any help would be greatly appreciated as I want my HTPC running for Christmas.

thank you.

Not sure if I can help you, but lets see...
Can you see the Chimera Boot Menu?
If so, what happens, if you boot from your HDD using "-v -x" as Chimera options?
Are you using a DSDT?
Which Snow Leopard version did you install? 10.6.8?
How does /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist look like?

Anybody have Multibeast settings for the ASRock H77M-ITX for a fresh Mountain Lion 10.8.2 and Multibeast 5.1.3 install?
I followed many of the guides for 10.7.x or 10.8.1 and older Multibeast versions, but am still having trouble booting.

When I boot with VGA the screen hangs, but when I use HDMI the screen goes to the login screen, but the screen is badly jumbled.
It sounds like the issue others were having where the login screen is repeated a bunch of times. I can see the mouse moving around and if I enter the password and hit enter it goes to the desktop, but still the same video issue.

I have patched my BIOS and am using a DSDT file.

Anybody have Multibeast settings for the ASRock H77M-ITX for a fresh Mountain Lion 10.8.2 and Multibeast 5.1.3 install?
I followed many of the guides for 10.7.x or 10.8.1 and older Multibeast versions, but am still having trouble booting.

When I boot with VGA the screen hangs, but when I use HDMI the screen goes to the login screen, but the screen is badly jumbled.
It sounds like the issue others were having where the login screen is repeated a bunch of times. I can see the mouse moving around and if I enter the password and hit enter it goes to the desktop, but still the same video issue.

I have patched my BIOS and am using a DSDT file.

I just did this and didnt document it.
What i do remember doing.

On first boot I installed 10.8.0, then upgraded to 10.8.2 (DMG from a thumb drive. [I no longer have a SL mac to update my ML download]).

On second boot I used the unibeat flash to get back into ML.
I then ran 5.1.3.
I have no DSDT for this board. I took the same options as cybrg with a few changes.
I didnt choose any customizations except tonymac theme and 1080p boot.
I installed the new Trim patch for 10.8.2 in MBeast 5.1.3.
I chose the two new fake SMCplugins for 10.8.2.

I think that was the only difference.

As far as the jumbled graphics, I had that same issue with 5.1.1( or was it 5.1.0?) if I only booted off hdmi to my ips monitor.
when i booted HDMI to my TV it wass fine. if i had a DVI plugged in, it worked fine. if i ran dual displays, it also works fine.
when i did get the garbled screen, I switched my monitor input option to vga and it would auto switch back to hdmi fixing the screen issue.
after the reinstall with 5.1.3 and choosing 1080p boot, this has not happened since. I think that fixed the issue.

Hi,

I am trying to get Snow Leopard installed on my ASRock H77M ITX with an i5 2400 and GTX550Ti

I can boot with iBoot (GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1) but Chimera goes to a black screen and freezes (no response from caps button on my Mac Pro keyboard, the key doesn't light up when i press it) I have tried re-installing using Multibeast for snow leopard with various options.

any help would be greatly appreciated as I want my HTPC running for Christmas.

thank you.

Are you trying to run SL or you are just trying to use SL as a stepping stone to get to L or ML?

If it is the first option, I dont know that you can fully run SL on an x77 board due to unknown hardware.
Have you seen there is a new iboot for SL for ivybridge cpus/boards to get you to app store to upgrade to ML? This is about a week old now.

I just did this and didnt document it.
What i do remember doing.

On first boot I installed 10.8.0, then upgraded to 10.8.2 (DMG from a thumb drive. [I no longer have a SL mac to update my ML download]).

On second boot I used the unibeat flash to get back into ML.
I then ran 5.1.3.
I have no DSDT for this board. I took the same options as cybrg with a few changes.
I didnt choose any customizations except tonymac theme and 1080p boot.
I installed the new Trim patch for 10.8.2 in MBeast 5.1.3.
I chose the two new fake SMCplugins for 10.8.2.

I think that was the only difference.

As far as the jumbled graphics, I had that same issue with 5.1.1( or was it 5.1.0?) if I only booted off hdmi to my ips monitor.
when i booted HDMI to my TV it wass fine. if i had a DVI plugged in, it worked fine. if i ran dual displays, it also works fine.
when i did get the garbled screen, I switched my monitor input option to vga and it would auto switch back to hdmi fixing the screen issue.
after the reinstall with 5.1.3 and choosing 1080p boot, this has not happened since. I think that fixed the issue.

So you didn't apply anything with kextbeast?
What about Repairing Permissions?

I bought a DVI to HDMI adaptor and I'm going to try it out tonight with a DVI cable instead of the HDMI cable to my TV.

So you didn't apply anything with kextbeast?
What about Repairing Permissions?

I bought a DVI to HDMI adaptor and I'm going to try it out tonight with a DVI cable instead of the HDMI cable to my TV.

I had to think about that for a second.

No.. I had to use Ktexts with my ASRock Z77E-ITX for LAN and ASmedia USB3.
Everything on this board works with ML and multibeast. I added a native osx Targus USB Bluetooth and i have no issues on this box.
With ML 10.8.2 plus MultiBeast 5.1.3, The HD4000 works perfectly (if you have the bios set correctly) and the Trim issues are resolved.

This is almost a perfect Mini Hack. the only thing that I am missing on it is the MiniPCI slot for a wi-fi card. With an I5 or I7, SATA3 SSD and a lot of RAM, this thing is a beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back