Graphics
Gigabyte Radeon RX 5500 XT OC
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
CPU - i5 9600K
GPU - Gigabyte RX 5500 XT
MoBo - Asus Z390 TUF PRO Gaming
RAM - ADATA XPG 32GB DDR4 3200mhz

I put together a build using the parts above and followed this guide to create a bootable USB:

tonymacx86.com/threads/unibeast-install-macos-catalina-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.285366/#install

However when I follow the Boot instructions my Hackintosh freezes at 100% at the Apple loading screen.

0965EB40-CE21-4795-AB7C-2DE8FE030DBD.jpeg
I figured I could use MultiBeast post installation to deal with kexts files after so I booted without any kext files. Any suggestions to get my Hackintosh running Catalina?

Please read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile - Just three items - Motherboard (or prebuilt system), Processor (CPU) and Graphics.

Any suggestions to get my Hackintosh running Catalina?

I am having the same issue, with a similar system.
MoBo - ROG Strix Z390E
GPU - Radeon RX Vega 56
CPU - i9-9900K

Unibeast i2 10.1.0-4
Catalina is 10.15.5 (because there is no longer any option?!?)

It's a brand new build and also my first time so be gentle...
the last line in the verbose output is PCI configuration end. bridges 7, devices 14
the only PCIe is the GPU so i removed it just in case that was the problem
that only changes bridges 4, devices 12

There is also an M2 drive i wanted to be the boot drive (samsung EVO 860 1TB), but it makes no difference in or out
all the SATA drives are disconnected as well

anything else i can say?

other than help
Cheers
D

I am having the same issue, with a similar system.
MoBo - ROG Strix Z390E
GPU - Radeon RX Vega 56
CPU - i9-9900K

Unibeast i2 10.1.0-4
Catalina is 10.15.5 (because there is no longer any option?!?)

It's a brand new build and also my first time so be gentle...
the last line in the verbose output is PCI configuration end. bridges 7, devices 14
the only PCIe is the GPU so i removed it just in case that was the problem
that only changes bridges 4, devices 12

There is also an M2 drive i wanted to be the boot drive (samsung EVO 860 1TB), but it makes no difference in or out
all the SATA drives are disconnected as well

anything else i can say?

other than help
Cheers
D

I got my Hackintosh to boot last night, have you tried using the Emulated NVRAM?

Not entirely sure what that is?
a setting in the clover bootloader?

I got my Hackintosh to boot last night, have you tried using the Emulated NVRAM?
Sorry, I didn't reply direct

What is emulated NVRAM, is it in the UEFI or Clover?

Latest results
Have a fellow Hack owner who had a MOJAVE install. I built a new USB with the Mojave Unibeast. Still the same result
Apple Logo screen with progress bar that fills, and stalls (Still takes about 12-15 minutes to get to 100%)
When i run the clover installer with Verbose on, it gets to the same point, no visible errors, and the last line,
"[PCI configuration ends. bridges 4, devices 12]"

so here's the question i have been able to move the problem, so it's not with installing Mojave or Catalina, can anyone think of a problem that would result in stalling just when the bootloader was finished?

Also, my friend recommended trying the install on a USB 2.0 port. I can find no way to identify if any ports are specifically 2.0, although i have confirmed the 16GB USB key is definitely a 2.0 device.

in other news, my wife is wondering when i can get back to work, you know, the paying kind...

Is emulated NVRAM the similar to NVMe Driver support, which is turned on for the samsung 860 1TB M2 drive?

Is emulated NVRAM the similar to NVMe Driver support, which is turned on for the samsung 860 1TB M2 drive?
Turn that to AHCI mode for the M.2 drive. You may also need a special ACHIunsupported kext, or 300seriesAHCIkext etc..

Emulated Nvram is need for some systems. You can use this in clover Drivers folder.

Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 9.43.09 PM.png

Attachments

• EmuVariableUefi.efi.zip
    12.6 KB · Views: 24
Thanx for the
Turn that to AHCI mode for the M.2 drive. You may also need a special ACHIunsupported kext, or 300seriesAHCIkext etc..

Emulated Nvram is need for some systems. You can use this in clover Drivers folder.

Thanx for the quick reply
The M2 drive shows up in the UEFI screen, and the AHCI is turned also

I am still unclear what the NVRAM is or for, all of the entries in the search result are WAY above my pay scale, and understanding

notwithstanding is the never getting out of the apple logo screen and progress bar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back