Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z69X-UD3H-B3 - F12
CPU
i7 2600K
Graphics
RX570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi my mobo is Gigabyte GA-Z69X-UD3H-B3 with intel sandy bridge 2600k cpu and Radeon rx570 gpu I am trying to install Catalina from USB but after a long time I am waiting, the boot stops with a black screen after clover boot menu. I have no kext in EFI/clover/kext/10.15 folder and I have not injected ATI 'cause the GPU should work natively. Previous system running Mojave with same hardware configuration. Any advice/support please? Thanks

Hi my mobo is Gigabyte GA-Z69X-UD3H-B3 with intel sandy bridge 2600k cpu and Radeon rx570 gpu I am trying to install Catalina from USB but after a long time I am waiting, the boot stops with a black screen after clover boot menu. I have no kext in EFI/clover/kext/10.15 folder and I have not injected ATI 'cause the GPU should work natively. Previous system running Mojave with same hardware configuration. Any advice/support please? Thanks

Hi there.

The default folder for your kexts should be EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. You should not need to use the other folders unless multi-booting macOS.

You also need Lilu.kext and Whatevergreen.kext too.

If you still get a black screen after boot try the Radeon DeInit boot flag.

:)

PS - I'm assuming your motherboard is a Z68, not a Z69?

Hi thanks. Now I arrive in catalina welcome screen but it freezes while selecting language...I have to put the kext inside the folder of the usb key right? In BIOS I have to disable igpu using only RX 570 that is supported or is better to activate both in auto mode also if I connected the monitor to DVI port of my radeon? Nv_disable
01 have to be flegged or not?

Hi thanks. Now I arrive in catalina welcome screen but it freezes while selecting language...I have to put the kext inside the folder of the usb key right? In BIOS I have to disable igpu using only RX 570 that is supported or is better to activate both in auto mode also if I connected the monitor to DVI port of my radeon? Nv_disable
01 have to be flegged or not?
nv_disable=1 stops nvidia driver from starting, no need for AMD or intel cards

ok. With Radeon init same happened. What kext Lilu and whatevergreen I have to use? debug or release version? Thanks

ok. I've overwrite the original kext with lilu e whatevergreen downloaded just now, and flagged deinit but the problem is the same. Also tried to disable Super IO serial port from Bios but now I have black screen. What about igpu in Bios enabled or disabled?

ok. I've overwrite the original kext with lilu e whatevergreen downloaded just now, and flagged deinit but the problem is the same. Also tried to disable Super IO serial port from Bios but now I have black screen. What about igpu in Bios enabled or disabled?
maybe zip and upload your clover folder...

Tried Inject ATI e Init together but the boot process crash. With disabled igpu I have black screen or automatic reboot. Thi is all EFI folder zipped. Thanks a lot

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 126
Tried Inject ATI e Init together but the boot process crash. With disabled igpu I have black screen or automatic reboot. Thi is all EFI folder zipped. Thanks a lot
this:
Code:
<key>IntelGFX</key>
            <string>0x12345678</string>
should be:
Code:
<key>IntelGFX</key>
            <string>0x0</string>

this:
Code:
<key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>