Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Catalina with Opencore - USB problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370M-DS3H
CPU
i5-8500
Graphics
HD 630/ Rx 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys.

I recently changed to opencore bootloader and i am satisfied. Boot is much faster than clover and overall the system is more stable. But, even with the "usbports.kext" that i made with hackintool, the usb ports are really slow, and i cant figure out why.

Can somebody take a look in my efi and tell me what i am doing wrong, please? Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• EFI - cópia.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 315
Hey guys.

I recently changed to opencore bootloader and i am satisfied. Boot is much faster than clover and overall the system is more stable. But, even with the "usbports.kext" that i made with hackintool, the usb ports are really slow, and i cant figure out why.

Can somebody take a look in my efi and tell me what i am doing wrong, please? Thank you in advance.
I would suggest that you go back to Hackintool and recreate your USB map but use the SSDT it creates along with the SSDT-EC-USBX instead of the USB kext. AlsoSSDT-Plug and SSDT-PMC are missing the extension.aml. SSDT-EC-USBX need to be added to the ACPI folder and added to config.plist

I would suggest that you go back to Hackintool and recreate your USB map but use the SSDT it creates along with the SSDT-EC-USBX instead of the USB kext. AlsoSSDT-Plug and SSDT-PMC are missing the extension.aml. SSDT-EC-USBX need to be added to the ACPI folder and added to config.plist

Thank you.

So i should use "SSDT-EC-USBX" and "SSDT-UIAC" created with hackintool and use "USBInjectAll.kext" in kexts folder? Isn´t that the same as using "usbports.kext"?

Thank you.

So i should use "SSDT-EC-USBX" and "SSDT-UIAC" created with hackintool and use "USBInjectAll.kext" in kexts folder? Isn´t that the same as using "usbports.kext"?

Hi there.

Yes, you can go back and recreate the USB map - if you wish. Your USBPorts.kext looks fine though.

If you are running the Z370M in your profile then I would say you probably only need the SSDT-EC.aml file. The others - PLUG, AWAC and PMC are partly included in USBPorts kext anyway and the rest probably not needed - unless you show a specific need. 'Less is more', as they say.

Obviously if you change to the USBInjectAll.kext method then you need SSDT-UIAC.aml.

By the way, your SSDT's are fine. The *.aml extensions are still there, but for some they are hidden so shouldn't cause an issue.

You also have the port-limit removal patches still enabled. With USBPorts or SSDTs in place these should be disabled.

I don't understand why you need all the VoodooPS2 kexts. Generally those are for a laptop. Or are you using a PS/2 keyboard perhaps?

:)

Hi there.

Yes, you can go back and recreate the USB map - if you wish. Your USBPorts.kext looks fine though.

If you are running the Z370M in your profile then I would say you probably only need the SSDT-EC.aml file. The others - PLUG, AWAC and PMC are partly included in USBPorts kext anyway and the rest probably not needed - unless you show a specific need. 'Less is more', as they say.

Obviously if you change to the USBInjectAll.kext method then you need SSDT-UIAC.aml.

By the way, your SSDT's are fine. The *.aml extensions are still there, but for some they are hidden so shouldn't cause an issue.

You also have the port-limit removal patches still enabled. With USBPorts or SSDTs in place these should be disabled.

I don't understand why you need all the VoodooPS2 kexts. Generally those are for a laptop. Or are you using a PS/2 keyboard perhaps?

:)

Thank you so much!

Yes, im using an old ps/2 keyboard! :D

So i just need USBPorts.kext and SSDT-EC.aml, right? But hackintool didnt create one, just USBPorts.kext, SSDT-UIAC and SSDT-EC-USBX.

Is SSDT-EC-USBX the same as SSDT-EC? If not , how can i compile one SSDT-EC?

Thank you so much!

Yes, im using an old ps/2 keyboard! :D

So i just need USBPorts.kext and SSDT-EC.aml, right? But hackintool didnt create one, just USBPorts.kext, SSDT-UIAC and SSDT-EC-USBX.

Is SSDT-EC-USBX the same as SSDT-EC? If not , how can i compile one SSDT-EC?

Fine :thumbup:

If Hackintool exports an SSDT-EC-USBX.aml then yes, use it with USBPorts.kext and remove the PLRP. The export process has changed in recent updates. I was more concerned with the other SSDTs which may be surplus. If you choose to change to USBInjectAll.kext then you need both SSDT-UIAC and SSDT-EC-USBX.

We can talk about just the SSDT-EC later, if needed :)

Fine :thumbup:

If Hackintool exports an SSDT-EC-USBX.aml then yes, use it with USBPorts.kext and remove the PLRP. The export process has changed in recent updates. I was more concerned with the other SSDTs which may be surplus. If you choose to change to USBInjectAll.kext then you need both SSDT-UIAC and SSDT-EC-USBX.

We can talk about just the SSDT-EC later, if needed :)

Thank you so much for your time and help UtterDisbelief!

Ok, so i left just the SSDT-EC-USBX.aml in acpi folder, disabladed the port-limit removal patch in Config.plist, left the USBPorts.kext in kext folder but still have just +-40MB/s with an usb3 device in a usb3 port... :(

What can be the problem?

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your time and help UtterDisbelief!

Ok, so i left just the SSDT-EC-USBX.aml in acpi folder, disabladed the port-limit removal patch in Config.plist, left the USBPorts.kext in kext folder but still have just +-40MB/s with an usb3 device in a usb3 port... :(

What can be the problem?

Hi,

With that motherboard there shouldn't be one.

What does Hackintool show you? Let's see a screen-grab of the USB page :thumbup:

Hi,

With that motherboard there shouldn't be one.

What does Hackintool show you? Let's see a screen-grab of the USB page :thumbup:

Here is the usb tab. I noticed that my platform id is 0x000000 and VDA decoder failed. Any ideia why?

Attachments

• Captura de ecrã 2020-04-08, às 20.35.10.png
    Captura de ecrã 2020-04-08, às 20.35.10.png
    141.7 KB · Views: 394
  • Captura de ecrã 2020-04-08, às 20.36.43.png
    Captura de ecrã 2020-04-08, às 20.36.43.png
    123.1 KB · Views: 388
I think the preferred method for OC is to use USBX and UIAC with USBinjectall. When I switched over to Open Core the USBPorts.kext from Hackintool did not seem like it populated the ports correctly so I changed to SSDT method and everything seems right.

The VDA decoder failed likely because your IGPU is not configured correctly though I am not sure I can help you with that since I use the iMac Pro 1,1 and have my IGPU disabled. I can tell you my Platform ID is also 0x000000
Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 1.11.10 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back