Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Catalina with Opencore - USB problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the usb tab. I noticed that my platform id is 0x000000 and VDA decoder failed. Any ideia why?

Great, thanks :thumbup:

So, is the problem that, although the USB3 ports are showing 5GB you are only actually getting 40MB ? Read or Write? Because obviously those figures vary widely. Though of course they shouldn't be so slow. I sometimes get this issue but it is entirely down to the USB memory stick itself.

We have to understand speed is different to power and SSDT-EC-USBX modifies the power-output to a port if needed. But the speed being lower than advertised ...

Sorry Video configuration is not my strong suit. My own platform ID shows as 0x00000000 too, but VDA is Fully Supported. First instinct on this is the System-Definition (19,2) you are using ... @scottkendall in the post above (thanks Scott) is using iMacPro1,1 etc. However, as I say ... Maybe post that query in the Graphics forum :thumbup:

I think the preferred method for OC is to use USBX and UIAC with USBinjectall. When I switched over to Open Core the USBPorts.kext from Hackintool did not seem like it populated the ports correctly so I changed to SSDT method and everything seems right.

The VDA decoder failed likely because your IGPU is not configured correctly though I am not sure I can help you with that since I use the iMac Pro 1,1 and have my IGPU disabled. I can tell you my Platform ID is also 0x000000
View attachment 460608

Thank you mate!

I will try with USBinjectall method and change change my SMBIOS. :)

Great, thanks :thumbup:

So, is the problem that, although the USB3 ports are showing 5GB you are only actually getting 40MB ? Read or Write? Because obviously those figures vary widely. Though of course they shouldn't be so slow. I sometimes get this issue but it is entirely down to the USB memory stick itself.

We have to understand speed is different to power and SSDT-EC-USBX modifies the power-output to a port if needed. But the speed being lower than advertised ...

Sorry Video configuration is not my strong suit. My own platform ID shows as 0x00000000 too, but VDA is Fully Supported. First instinct on this is the System-Definition (19,2) you are using ... @scottkendall in the post above (thanks Scott) is using iMacPro1,1 etc. However, as I say ... Maybe post that query in the Graphics forum :thumbup:

Im getting 40MB read and write and i dont think the problem is the hdd. If i remember right, the same external hdd had faster speeds in windows. I will try what said! ;)

That is why I went the IMacPro 1,1 route.

Gold! Finally everything seems to be fine.
Changed to iMac18,3 and now have VDA Decoder fully supported, and did again the usb mapping with a few tweeks, used the SSDT-UIAC and USBinjectall and Voila!..

Thanks to all of you for the great help. You are incredible kind! :D

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    157.3 KB · Views: 239
  • 2.png
    2.png
    147.6 KB · Views: 249
  • 3.png
    3.png
    216.1 KB · Views: 233
Hey guys.

I recently changed to opencore bootloader and i am satisfied. Boot is much faster than clover and overall the system is more stable. But, even with the "usbports.kext" that i made with hackintool, the usb ports are really slow, and i cant figure out why.

Can somebody take a look in my efi and tell me what i am doing wrong, please? Thank you in advance.

I used this guide with USBInjectAll.kext from RehabMan along with USBMap command tool. It worked really well, took roughly an hour because of some other issues, but once the ball started rolling... fairly easy. No issues what so ever.

Posting in case of future hackers needing alternative solutions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back