Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 7MB issue is because you don't have video acceleration yet and you're injecting the wrong framebuffer.
By the way, injecting method is not the prefer method, instead you should set device properties.
The reason you're only able to boot with 0x12345678 or 0x193B0005 is because these framebuffers have 4 connectors while the rest of the framebuffers have less connectors by default (you can patch them for more ports).

Take a look to this image below:
View attachment 481446
Try adding the framebuffer-portcount, you do this by switching to the framebuffer tab and then clicking once over PortCount to select it. Then click once more on it to edit the value and change it to 4, then press enter key. Look at the image below.

View attachment 481451 After you finish editing your framebuffer, go to the Patch tab and select DeviceProperties, Connectors and Graphic Device. Then, Click Generate Patch on the bottom of the screen and you will see the patch generated. On the top of the computer screen where the hackintool menu bar is, there is an option to export the patch directly to your config.plist file. It will overwrite your config.plist file but before it overwrites it, it will make a backup automatically. In case you mess up with the patch, just delete the config.plist file and then rename the backup to config.plist
It would it be more helpful to look at your entire EFI because you have errors in your config.plist
Reading the WhateverGreen Intel Graphics FAQ's manual will help you a lot together with one of the available Hackintool tutorials.
If you want, to compress your EFI folder (without your SMBIOS info) and post it here.

Okay, so ive tried all the steps you mentioned followed by WhateverGreen Intel Graphics FAQ's manual with the hdmi infinite loop thingy fix. Im getting kp again. Ive uploaded the efi folder.

edit: also, i doubt if macos is detecting my Display correctly too. It simply shows as "Display" and doesnt show my monitor model. I did try the Hdmi infinte loop.

edit2: and i do have AppleALC and those HDA stuff. These got my audio problem solved. Just mentioning, if it has smtg to do with this.
Screenshot 2020-07-23 at 6.13.52 PM.png

Attachments

• EFI 2.zip
    5 MB · Views: 103
Last edited:
I actually found the WEG Intel Graphics manual just now, I'm retrying now, so for the properties part, in the manual's screenshot, there is "PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x16,0x0)" and "PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)". Do I include both?

edit: I have uploaded my EFI folder that I'm working on rnView attachment 481476
No, you don't need to include both. You only need: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) which is Display
The other one, PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x16,0x0), which is IMEI, is only needed when using fake-id
Also, with Display Device, usually only the platform-id property is needed. You only add more properties when you need to patch default framebuffer settings.

@tecnicasopr Have you tested if sleep/wake works when your display is connected to your iGPU?
In the past, when I was using Clover bootloader, I remember I had a hard time trying to fix the sleep issue. And It finally work only after mapping my USB ports. I don't have the time to start testing with a different platform-id. But latter on, if I can, I will post the results.

Okay, so ive tried all the steps you mentioned followed by WhateverGreen Intel Graphics FAQ's manual with the hdmi infinite loop thingy fix. Im getting kp again. Ive uploaded the efi folder.
also, i doubt if macos is detecting my Display correctly too. It simply shows as "Display" and doesnt show my monitor model. I did try the Hdmi infinte loop.

Attachments

• bootloader.zip
    5 MB · Views: 81
In the past, when I was using Clover bootloader, I remember I had a hard time trying to fix the sleep issue. And It finally work only after mapping my USB ports. I don't have the time to start testing with a different platform-id. But latter on, if I can, I will post the results.
Ok thanks. Maybe for now you can just try simply switching your cable to your display from your dGPU to your iGPU to see if it works for you, (without changing your platform-id or EFI at all)
If it works for you, then I know that USB mapping is probably the issue for me

Ok thanks. Maybe for now you can just try simply switching your cable to your display from your dGPU to your iGPU to see if it works for you, (without changing your platform-id or EFI at all)
If it works for you, then I know that USB mapping is probably the issue for me
Just switching my cable to my IGPU won't work because I'm using 0x19120001 in offline mode (also known as "empty framebuffer", 0 connectors, connector-less framebuffer, headless, IQSV only)
In order to be able to switch to the IGPU, I will have to first change my platform-id to 0x19120000 in online mode.
USB mapping is almost always an issue and is well documented. Let me give you an example. If you don't specify or declare that your wifi card is connect to a USB internal port, then your WIFI adapter will not let sleep work. Not because is the WIFI fault but because USB ports are not identified correctly.
At the end most people need to fix there USB config if they want to have proper sleep working.
If you search carefully, you will find different users that had report sleep success with similar CPU/motherboard combinations, including GA-Z170X series motherboards.
I know is a headache or time consuming to map USB ports. But you only have to do this once vs having to look for a new USB port limit patch every-time a major OS update comes out. And when a major OS update comes out you won't be able to boot your system with USB working properly, until someone finds a new USB port limit patch. With your USB port mapped correctly, you won't have to worried about this.

Last edited:
Just switching my cable to my IGPU won't work because I'm using 0x19120001 in offline mode (also known as "empty framebuffer", 0 connectors, connector-less framebuffer, headless, IQSV only)
In order to be able to switch to the IGPU, I will have to first change my platform-id to 0x19120000 in online mode.
USB mapping is almost always an issue and is well documented. Let me give you an example. If you don't specify or declare that your wifi card is connect to a USB internal port, then your WIFI adapter will not let sleep work. Not because is the WIFI fault but because USB ports are not identified correctly.
At the end most people need to fix there USB config if they want to have proper sleep working.
If you search carefully, you will find different users that had report sleep success with similar CPU/motherboard combinations, including GA-Z170X series motherboards.
I know is a headache or time consuming to map USB ports. But you only have to do this once vs having to look for a new USB port limit patch every-time a major OS update comes out. And when a major OS update comes out you won't be able to boot your system until someone finds a new USB port limit patch. With your USB port mapped correctly, you won't have to worried about this.
Ok, do you have like a link to the best guide you'd recommend for beginners to do the USB port mapping

Ok, do you have like a link to the best guide you'd recommend for beginners to do the USB port mapping
Check the General Help section in the Post installation section of this forum. Also the hackintool app has an Info icon at the bottom of the USB Tab, click there, and you'll see some instructions.

@tecnicasopr , Ive came around this post where it mentions "With macOS Catalina 10.15.x and latest version of WhateverGreen several motherboards are unable to activate on-board HDMI ports. On-board DisplayPort is not affected"

So is this the reason im having problems? I am using the on board HDMI port.
Ive tried using a dGPU, which is a R5 230, it gets detected by macos, but shows 7mb. When i connect the hdmi to my igpu, it doesn't get detected instead says 'Display 7MB'
I dont think so R5 230 is supported, so i cant get acceleration with it.
I have no DP or DVI ports onboard though, only 2 hdmi ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back