Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Download the EFI folder again (I deleted a suspicious boot argument).
Don't merge this EFI with yours. This is originally your EFI with some changes. After booting with it , then adjust the settings.
There is another tool for cleaning the NVRAM. At the OpenCore boot screen, press the space bar and select the CleanNvram tool, reboot and try again.
Make sure you have all the recommended UEFI/BIOS settings. Remember, each time you reset settings to optimal default values in the UEFI/BIOS settings screen, or everytime you update your UEFI/BIOS firmware to a new version, you then need to disable CFGLock again to unlock your CFG. You do this with the CFGLock tool included in your OpenCore boot screen when pressing the space bar.
That edited EFI you said you made doesn't show up in your post anymore

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    73.1 MB · Views: 415
Thanks, so the steps are:
1. Update my EFI to yours
2. Reboot and press space
3. Pick the CFGLock.efi tool and type Y for yes
4. Pick the CleanNvram tool
5. Reboot into macOS

?
Yes, these are the steps. But if you run the CFGLock tool again, you can end up Locking it back if it is already unlock.
I'll explain you what to look for in order to know if is unlock or not.
Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 11.56.42 AM.png

Notice in this image the Variable read value is 0
0 means disable/off
1 means enable/on
The setting is a CFGLock, which means you set the Lock on or off.
If is off, like in this image, then you answer n ( you don't want to lock it)
If it's on (value 1) then type Y to unlock the CFG (This disables CFGLock)

After making sure you have the right value set, reboot, clean NVRAM if necessary, and then reboot into macOS.

Yes, these are the steps. But if you run the CFGLock tool again, you can end up Locking it back if it is already unlock.
I'll explain you what to look for in order to know if is unlock or not.
View attachment 481357
Notice in this image the Variable read value is 0
0 means disable/off
1 means enable/on
The setting is a CFGLock, which means you set the Lock on or off.
If is off, like in this image, then you answer n ( you don't want to lock it)
If it's on (value 1) then type Y to unlock the CFG (This disables CFGLock)

After making sure you have the right value set, reboot, clean NVRAM if necessary, and then reboot into macOS.
Okay thanks. It works, but waking up from sleep unfortunately still doesn't work. You seem like such a professional at this stuff. Would you be be able to please try running your monitor with your Intel HD 530 to fix sleep. It's definitely not a USB mapping issue or anything since I can wake up from sleep no problem when I plug in my monitor to my RX 580.

I've got some logs from the boots I did with the EFI you sent me where it wouldn't wake up from sleep.

Attachments

• opencore-2020-07-22-160904.txt
    256 KB · Views: 74
  • opencore-2020-07-22-160505.txt
    256 KB · Views: 65
Hello, I have a Intel HD 530 Skylake too, but I can't get it to work. Whenever I change my Fake ID for IntelGFX to something else, it crashes when booting. I have to use 0x12345678 for it to boot. Any solutions?
Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 12.31.22 PM.png

If you notice, your CPU only supports HDMI 1.4
In your case you might need to use the HDMI infinite Loop Fix.
Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 12.42.38 PM.png

You do this by adding in your video device properties the key:enable-hdmi-dividers-fix with a DATA Value of: 01000000
This goes in the same place your platform-id is located.
The pic below will give you an idea. Maybe you will also need the DP → HDMI patch or you can set DP to HDMI manually with Hackintool.
Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 1.00.03 PM.png

Last edited:
Okay thanks. It works, but waking up from sleep unfortunately still doesn't work. You seem like such a professional at this stuff. Would you be be able to please try running your monitor with your Intel HD 530 to fix sleep. It's definitely not a USB mapping issue or anything since I can wake up from sleep no problem when I plug in my monitor to my RX 580.

I've got some logs from the boots I did with the EFI you sent me where it wouldn't wake up from sleep.
It's because you still need to do some clean up.
Delete these files:
Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 1.13.09 PM.png

Also, rebuild kextcache and repair permissions.
Turn off the computer and remove from power outlet for around 30 seconds, then start again.
One more thing. You won't have sleep until you fix your USB configuration.
USBInjectAll together with the USB port limit patch, is a temporary solution to get you start it. You SHOULD fix your USB to be within the 15 ports limit. After this, then your sleep problems will be gone, unless there is something else pending to fix...

Last edited:
Upload your config.plist file without your SMBIOS info. You can search for tutorials or manuals about framebuffer patching. Hackintool is very good for this.

Okay, I have attached my config.plist file

View attachment 481367
If you notice, your CPU only supports HDMI 1.4
In your case you might need to use the HDMI infinite Loop Fix.
View attachment 481368
You do this by adding in your video device properties the key:enable-hdmi-dividers-fix with a DATA Value of: 01000000
This goes in the same place your platform-id is located.
The pic below will give you an idea. Maybe you will also need the DP → HDMI patch or you can set DP to HDMI manually with Hackintool.View attachment 481369

So, do I just check the "HDMI Infinite Loop Box" in Hackintool? Ive tried checking it still it doesn't detect my iGPU.

Also a thing to note, in the 'About my Mac', it shows as 'Display 7MB' instead of 'Intel Hd Graphics 530 x MB'. However, in the clover bootloader, if i go to the Graphics Injector option, it does say 'Intel HD Graphics 530' there, but doesn't show up in macOS.
Another thing ive noticed is that i have to use 0x12345678 or 0x193B0005 as FakeID with 0x19120000 as platform_id for it to boot into macOS, any other fake id or deleting the entire fake id will lead to crash right after the progress bar with apple logo has progessed more than half.
If i add any KextToPatch or any DeviceProperties, it crashes too, even with the fake id and platform id combination that worked before. Disabling Inject Intel doesn't boot too.

Attachments

• config1.plist
    6.4 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
@tecnicasopr Have you managed to get sleep working when your HD 530 is connected to a display? Can you please try it, because Skylake and KabyLake have very troublesome sleep, and so it might even be impossible for wake-from-sleep to be fixed.

I’ve tried all that you’ve suggested (aside from USB mapping because when I connect the monitor to my RX 580, then there’s no issues at all with sleep, so this definitely suggests that it’s an issue with the integrated graphics and its configuration rather than USB or anything else)

If you can get sleep to work on your hackintosh when the display is connected to the intel graphics, then I’ll know it’s possible.

EDIT: I've attached a zip file of my logs where it hopefully shows how in different attempts that waking up from sleep has failed

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    101.1 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Okay, I have attached my config.plist file

So, do I just check the "HDMI Infinite Loop Box" in Hackintool? Ive tried checking it still it doesn't detect my iGPU.

Also a thing to note, in the 'About my Mac', it shows as 'Display 7MB' instead of 'Intel Hd Graphics 530 x MB'. However, in the clover bootloader, if i go to the Graphics Injector option, it does say 'Intel HD Graphics 530' there, but doesn't show up in macOS.
Another thing ive noticed is that i have to use 0x12345678 or 0x193B0005 as FakeID with 0x19120000 as platform_id for it to boot into macOS, any other fake id or deleting the entire fake id will lead to crash right after the progress bar with apple logo has progessed more than half.
If i add any KextToPatch or any DeviceProperties, it crashes too, even with the fake id and platform id combination that worked before. Disabling Inject Intel doesn't boot too.
The 7MB issue is because you don't have video acceleration yet and you're injecting the wrong framebuffer.
By the way, injecting method is not the prefer method, instead you should set device properties.
The reason you're only able to boot with 0x12345678 or 0x193B0005 is because these framebuffers have 4 connectors while the rest of the framebuffers have less connectors by default (you can patch them for more ports).

Take a look to this image below:
Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 8.18.35 AM.png

Try adding the framebuffer-portcount, you do this by switching to the framebuffer tab and then clicking once over PortCount to select it. Then click once more on it to edit the value and change it to 4, then press enter key. Look at the image below.

Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 9.34.07 AM.png
After you finish editing your framebuffer, go to the Patch tab and select DeviceProperties, Connectors and Graphic Device. Then, Click Generate Patch on the bottom of the screen and you will see the patch generated. On the top of the computer screen where the hackintool menu bar is, there is an option to export the patch directly to your config.plist file. It will overwrite your config.plist file but before it overwrites it, it will make a backup automatically. In case you mess up with the patch, just delete the config.plist file and then rename the backup to config.plist
It would it be more helpful to look at your entire EFI because you have errors in your config.plist
Reading the WhateverGreen Intel Graphics FAQ's manual will help you a lot together with one of the available Hackintool tutorials.
If you want, to compress your EFI folder (without your SMBIOS info) and post it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back