Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have this setting on?
Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 11.30.17 AM.png

In my case if i use the USB mouse to wake the computer I need to click twice.
But if I press the power button it wakes immediately including the monitor.
Yes I do.
I thought I would try to test different Darkwake values (currently set to 0)... What do you think?
Did you try without Darkwake? It's good to explore the different Darkwake options, but sometimes it's not need it. Once I found detail information about all the darkwake options, but I don't remember where. Cheers, keep testing.

Last edited:
Just one click for me with a wired mouse... Power button works too.

It used to work with my BT Magic Mouse months ago, but not anymore. And I can't remember exactly when/how that happened.

OK, I'll try without Darkwake first...

Last edited:
@tecnicasopr, the reason why I couldn't wake up my hack with my wireless Bluetooth mouse/keyboard anymore was because of this crappy (see below) PCIe 1x riser!

I bought this riser to keep connecting my PCIe WiFi/Bluetooth adapter to the motherboard PCIEX1_2 slot (the only one that is reliable for that purpose) despite my Radeon RX 580 occupying two and a half slots... I would really like to know how the heck a PCIe riser can prevent wake up from a Bluetooth device!

Riser.jpg

Regarding darkwake, I found out that in fact it is not completely useless... Try darkwake=0 and you will enjoy a "just one click/key press" wake up.

So now everything is fine on that side... ;)

Hey, @tecnicasopr, we have very similar builds and I, also using the same version of OpenCore as you. I also have intel HD 530 graphics and I want to use it for a 2nd hand LG UltraFine 21.5” 4K monitor, so I can connect via USB-C. Can you please share your EFI; I have spent hours over the past few days trying to do all the patching stuff but just couldn’t get it right. The only real difference between our EFI would be that I have a z170x gaming 7, but still I’m sure I could use your EFI for the most part. Thanks

Hey, @tecnicasopr, we have very similar builds and I, also using the same version of OpenCore as you. I also have intel HD 530 graphics and I want to use it for a 2nd hand LG UltraFine 21.5” 4K monitor, so I can connect via USB-C. Can you please share your EFI; I have spent hours over the past few days trying to do all the patching stuff but just couldn’t get it right. The only real difference between our EFI would be that I have a z170x gaming 7, but still I’m sure I could use your EFI for the most part. Thanks
There is little difference between our boards (2 killer LAN ports vs 1 Killer + Intel LAN port, CA0132 ZxRi vs CA0132 R3Di and HDMI vs DP + HDMI)
The problem that most GA-Z170X series motherboard owners face when trying to patch the video framebuffer is that these Gigabyte firmwares requires the port count to have a value of four. Just add the property keys: frambuffer-patch-enable and framebuffer-portcount 04000000 as value type with the rest of your video property keys. I'll post you a copy of my OpenCore folder, minus my SMBIOS info, latter... I'm using Intel HD530 in offline mode (connector-less/headless mode) together with DGPU Vega 64.

Last edited:
There is little difference between our boards (2 killer LAN ports vs 1 Killer + Intel LAN port, CA0132 ZxRi vs CA0132 R3Di and HDMI vs DP + HDMI)
The problem that most GA-Z170X series motherboard owners face when trying to patch the video framebuffer is that these Gigabyte firmwares requires the port count to have a value of four. Just add the property keys: frambuffer-patch-enable and framebuffer-portcount 04000000 as value type with the rest of your video property keys. I'll post you a copy of my OpenCore folder, minus my SMBIOS info, latter... I'm using Intel HD530 in offline mode (connector-less/headless mode) together with DGPU Vega 64.
Oh, ok thanks. Although you're using your HD 530 headless, if you were to plug it in to a display, would it work?

Also I've actually managed to find someone else's Catalina HD 530 patches which have actually worked for me, however it seems like it might be inefficient. I've tried removing the AppleIntelCFLGraphics and AppleIntelSKLGraphics kexts from the EFI and it seemingly works without them.
I'd still appreciate your EFI without your SMBIOS. I just want to know what model number you use? iMac17,1?

Also, this might be pushing it, but is there a way to get PowerNap to work, because currently I just don't have the option for PowerNap nor automatic sleep in System Preferences, but those would be nice to haves.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    15.7 MB · Views: 112
Offline mode means no framebuffers. This is how real macs work with DGPU. The IGPU is used for IQSV. You should use platform-id 0x19120001 for i7-6700 + DGPU (offline mode/no framebuffers)
And platform-id 0x19120000 for i7-6700 for IGPU alone (online/with framebuffers)
Yes, with my current platform-id (offline mode/no framefuffers/headless mode) if I plug a display to IGPU, it won't work.
The only kexts you need for video are Lilu + WhateverGreen and AppleALC for audio.
Yes, i use iMac17,1
Most of the time sleep problems are fix after properly configuring USB ports. (Hackintool is useful for USB ports)
All this information is in the WhateverGreen Intel HD Graphics FAQ's.
I'll post more info and my EFI latter...
I think you can succeed doing what you want with the help of patches on the frambuffers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back