Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte B150M-D3H-CF
CPU
i5-6600
Graphics
HD 530 + GTX 1060
Hello. If possible, I would like to help with my desktop. I am installing Catalina on my desktop and I want to use the integrated video, because I have an Nvidia card and it is not supported. I use High Sierra before, but I need to upgrade to Catalina to use a new version of Xcode.

I can access a desktop, but the HD 530 was not detected correctly. I tried to use some tutorials from the forum, but none of them worked. It keeps appearing as "Display 7MB" in "About this Mac". Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

- I tried to fix it with Hackintool
- Lilu and WhatEverGreen are installed (as attached)
- Place the model as Imac 17.1, which is the closest to my configuration (according to Hackintool) (as attached)

I attached my clover configuration and some images that I think are useful.

If I fail to report something essential, I will correct it as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.

My desktop hardware:

Intel Core I5 Skylake 6600 3.30ghz
Gigabyte B150M-D3H-CF
Intel HD Graphics 530
Zotac GTX 1060 AMP 6GB

Attachments

• Hackintool_Extensions.png
    Hackintool_Extensions.png
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,008
  • Hackintool_Patch_Info.png
    Hackintool_Patch_Info.png
    132.7 KB · Views: 1,152
  • Hackintool_Patch_VRAM.png
    Hackintool_Patch_VRAM.png
    70.3 KB · Views: 963
  • Hackintool_Peripherals.png
    Hackintool_Peripherals.png
    121.3 KB · Views: 877
  • Screen_glitches.png
    Screen_glitches.png
    398.2 KB · Views: 778
  • Hackintool_Patch_Framebuffer.png
    Hackintool_Patch_Framebuffer.png
    138.3 KB · Views: 771
  • Hackintool_System.png
    Hackintool_System.png
    173 KB · Views: 903
  • About_Mac.png
    About_Mac.png
    101.7 KB · Views: 980
  • info_hackintool.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 249
  • Clover_Config.rar
    2.1 KB · Views: 470
Last edited:
I see that macOS has detected your GTX 1060. Are you using the on-board video output? I recommend just removing it from the system. You could also try disabling it by software, by either adding the flag "-wegnoegpu" to your boot arguments or adding these in the Devices -> Add Properties section of your Clover config:
XML:
    <key>AddProperties</key>
    <array>
        <dict>
            <key>Device</key>
            <string>NVidia</string>
            <key>Disabled</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Key</key>
            <string>name</string>
            <key>Value</key>
            <data>
            I2Rpc3BsYXk=
            </data>
        </dict>
        <dict>
            <key>Device</key>
            <string>NVidia</string>
            <key>Disabled</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Key</key>
            <string>IOName</string>
            <key>Value</key>
            <string>#display</string>
        </dict>
        <dict>
            <key>Device</key>
            <string>NVidia</string>
            <key>Disabled</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Key</key>
            <string>class-code</string>
            <key>Value</key>
            <data>
            /////w==
            </data>
        </dict>
    </array>

Try this in your clover config.plist:

• Boot:
    • nv_disable =1
  • Devices :
    • Fake ID IntelGFX=0x19128086
  • Graphics :
    • [√]Inject Intel
    • ig-platform-id : 0x193b0005
If it still doesn't work try these ig-platform-id:
0x19120001
0x19020001
0x19170001
0x19320001

Try this in your clover config.plist:

• Boot:
    • nv_disable =1
  • Devices :
    • Fake ID IntelGFX=0x19128086
  • Graphics :
    • [√]Inject Intel
    • ig-platform-id : 0x193b0005
If it still doesn't work try these ig-platform-id:
0x19120001
0x19020001
0x19170001
0x19320001

I see that macOS has detected your GTX 1060. Are you using the on-board video output? I recommend just removing it from the system. You could also try disabling it by software, by either adding the flag "-wegnoegpu" to your boot arguments or adding these in the Devices -> Add Properties section of your Clover config:
XML:
    <key>AddProperties</key>
    <array>
        <dict>
            <key>Device</key>
            <string>NVidia</string>
            <key>Disabled</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Key</key>
            <string>name</string>
            <key>Value</key>
            <data>
            I2Rpc3BsYXk=
            </data>
        </dict>
        <dict>
            <key>Device</key>
            <string>NVidia</string>
            <key>Disabled</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Key</key>
            <string>IOName</string>
            <key>Value</key>
            <string>#display</string>
        </dict>
        <dict>
            <key>Device</key>
            <string>NVidia</string>
            <key>Disabled</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Key</key>
            <string>class-code</string>
            <key>Value</key>
            <data>
            /////w==
            </data>
        </dict>
    </array>

Thank you very much, both of you. They were very helpful. I used a little bit of information from each one to solve the problem.

Situation found: First of all, in my BIOS I was configured to load the offboard video card first, then during boot I tried to load the offboard card, and then the onboard. But as I put it to disable, in the middle of the boot everything froze and did not start, because there was no time for the onboard to load correctly.

Final Solution: In my BIOS, I put it to activate the onboard video card first. Then, following the instructions given to me and I disabled the offboard by placing "nv_disable=1" and "-wegnoegpu" during boot. The onboard board is now being loaded correctly.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-31 at 06.36.11.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-31 at 06.36.11.png
    82.8 KB · Views: 1,370
Hello. If possible, I would like to help with my desktop. I am installing Catalina on my desktop and I want to use the integrated video, because I have an Nvidia card and it is not supported. I use High Sierra before, but I need to upgrade to Catalina to use a new version of Xcode.

I can access a desktop, but the HD 530 was not detected correctly. I tried to use some tutorials from the forum, but none of them worked. It keeps appearing as "Display 7MB" in "About this Mac". Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

- I tried to fix it with Hackintool
- Lilu and WhatEverGreen are installed (as attached)
- Place the model as Imac 17.1, which is the closest to my configuration (according to Hackintool) (as attached)

I attached my clover configuration and some images that I think are useful.

If I fail to report something essential, I will correct it as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.

My desktop hardware:

Intel Core I5 Skylake 6600 3.30ghz
Gigabyte B150M-D3H-CF
Intel HD Graphics 530
Zotac GTX 1060 AMP 6GB
I'm glad you're now having IGPU video acceleration with HD530, but you still have a lot of work to do with your config.plist. There are some double fixes (injecting Intel video with platform ID) while using device properties to set platform-ID. The use of some framebuffer patches that can be set as properties in Device properties. Also there are some unneeded video properties set for your board that usually are use for laptops (framebuffer-fbmem/framebuffer-stolenmem). You can eliminate the NullCPUPowerManagement/SSDT and use the PluginType option on the ACPI tab for proper power management. Instead of injecting Audio layout-ID you can set it in device properties like you did with your video device properties. Also you should disable or eliminate almost all your Kernel and Kexts patches and add there the updated USB port limit patch (you have there an old one plus latter can get totally rid of this after you configure your USB port with the benefit of proper sleep). Another detail in the same Kernel and Kext patch tab is that you have check the AppleRTC and the AppleIntelCPUPM options, which indicates you don't have native NVRAM write enable. Your board is capable of this if you enable it setting a UEFI variable using a modified grub, after this you can get rid off those two checks I mention before and have further better compatibility. Cheers, I hope you can keep improving you system.
Pd. I't not a good idea to post pictures with your serial number or upload config.plist files with all your SMBIOS info... You can edit your post to just erase or hide the sensible parts. One more detail, if you have problems with your HDMI port (known issue on some Gigabyte HDMI ports) just add the property key framebuffer-portcount 04000000 as value type with the rest of your video property keys.

Last edited:
I'm glad you're now having IGPU video acceleration with HD530, but you still have a lot of work to do with your config.plist. There are some double fixes (injecting Intel video with platform ID) while using device properties to set platform-ID. The use of some framebuffer patches that can be set as properties in Device properties. Also there are some unneeded video properties set for your board that usually are use for laptops (framebuffer-fbmem/framebuffer-stolenmem). You can eliminate the NullCPUPowerManagement/SSDT and use the PluginType option on the ACPI tab for proper power management. Instead of injecting Audio layout-ID you can set it in device properties like you did with your video device properties. Also you should disable or eliminate almost all your Kernel and Kexts patches and add there the updated USB port limit patch (you have there an old one plus latter can get totally rid of this after you configure your USB port with the benefit of proper sleep). Another detail in the same Kernel and Kext patch tab is that you have check the AppleRTC and the AppleIntelCPUPM options, which indicates you don't have native NVRAM write enable. Your board is capable of this if you enable it setting a UEFI variable using a modified grub, after this you can get rid off those two checks I mention before and have further better compatibility. Cheers, I hope you can keep improving you system.
Pd. I't not a good idea to post pictures with your serial number or upload config.plist files with all your SMBIOS info... You can edit your post to just erase or hide the sensible parts. One more detail, if you have problems with your HDMI port (known issue on some Gigabyte HDMI ports) just add the property key framebuffer-portcount 04000000 as value type with the rest of your video property keys.

Hi @tecnicasopr.

I ended up not paying attention to confidential information. I have already edited the files and images.

Regarding the configurations that are specific to notebooks, I also have to test another device-id that is for desktops. Because it was the one that refers to the Macbook while I was doing some tests, and i forgot to change.

Also about injecting the audio just like the video card, the information actually appeared on Hackintool, but I didn't add it because I didn't think it was necessary, because my audio is already working. I will look better and add too.

And also on Kexts and NVRAM I will study how to do as you said, and try to improve all of these compatibility.

Thank you very much for the tips :).

Another detail in the same Kernel and Kext patch tab is that you have check the AppleRTC and the AppleIntelCPUPM options, which indicates you don't have native NVRAM write enable. Your board is capable of this if you enable it setting a UEFI variable using a modified grub, after this you can get rid off those two checks I mention before and have further better compatibility.

Hi @tecnicasopr, I guess you mean MSR unlocking? Is there any benefit for a Z170 build? I thought it was only relevant for a Z390...

Hi @tecnicasopr, I guess you mean MSR unlocking? Is there any benefit for a Z170 build? I thought it was only relevant for a Z390...
Yes, I meant that. And the system works much better and more stable plus you can get rid of lot of fixes. A cleaner config.plist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back