Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually added Lilu and WhateverGreen in L/E and didnt rebuild cache and permission. I've now installed the kext via hackintool. Is it okay if the kexts are in both Clover's Kext folder and L/E?

Previously when i boot with -v, i would get a message 'System automatically rebooted after a panic'. Now i dont get that but still it crashes
No, it's not okay. Only in Clover's Kext folder

Hey, how do you disable SIP. I tried changing the value in the config to 67000000 and doing the clean NVRAM etc, but the disk is still locked.

I want to go into /S/L/E to modify a kext but at the moment it won't let me
you shouldn't be modifying kexts in /S/L/E what are you trying to do?

seems a bit extreme, but if you copy the kext to your desktop and then make the changes then in terminal:
Code:
sudo spctl --master-disable
sudo mount -uw /
sudo killall Finder

then copy the kext back in place:
Code:
sudo cp -R <drag kext from desktop to here> /System/Library/Extensions

then rebuild kextcache:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
and reboot

Yes, these are the steps. But if you run the CFGLock tool again, you can end up Locking it back if it is already unlock.
I'll explain you what to look for in order to know if is unlock or not.
View attachment 481357
Notice in this image the Variable read value is 0
0 means disable/off
1 means enable/on
The setting is a CFGLock, which means you set the Lock on or off.
If is off, like in this image, then you answer n ( you don't want to lock it)
If it's on (value 1) then type Y to unlock the CFG (This disables CFGLock)

After making sure you have the right value set, reboot, clean NVRAM if necessary, and then reboot into macOS.
Hey, I ended up giving up on the iGPU, so I switched to the iMacPro SMBIOS. I've also done USB port mapping, but now sleep stops working after a day or two. Then I have to do your method of unplugging the computer for a few seconds and then rebooting in order for sleep to work, and then sleep works again but stops working after a day or two. This leads me to believe that it's an NVRAM or bios issue.

What are your thoughts and can you please share your BIOS settings

update: thanks @tecnicasopr for all the help, i endded up giving up on Clover and trying OpenCore, OpenCore was much easier, and the frame buffer patch worked with 10.15.6. had some problems in the process, but troubleshooting them wasn't too difficult. got 530 working with acceleration right away with the patching

Hi @tecnicasopr.

I ended up not paying attention to confidential information. I have already edited the files and images.

Regarding the configurations that are specific to notebooks, I also have to test another device-id that is for desktops. Because it was the one that refers to the Macbook while I was doing some tests, and i forgot to change.

Also about injecting the audio just like the video card, the information actually appeared on Hackintool, but I didn't add it because I didn't think it was necessary, because my audio is already working. I will look better and add too.

And also on Kexts and NVRAM I will study how to do as you said, and try to improve all of these compatibility.

Thank you very much for the tips :).

Hi @HugoHernany, can you share your EFI folder? I have the exact board and I would like to use Catalina on it. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back