CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
So as far as I can tell everything is working as it should. I plug in my USB3 Flash drive but when I transfer a large file to it, It is SLOW. Well, slower than USB 3 should be. Any help would be appreciated.

The Samsung drive on my desktop is USB 3 and it is recognized as such in System Information as you see here.
Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 5.11.55 PM.png

Attached are my SSDT and my Config. My build is the same as listed in my profile. Gigabyte Z390 Pro.

Attachments

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z389 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 590 + UHD 630
Mac
MacBook
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
So as far as I can tell everything is working as it should. I plug in my USB3 Flash drive but when I transfer a large file to it, It is SLOW. Well, slower than USB 3 should be. Any help would be appreciated.

The Samsung drive on my desktop is USB 3 and it is recognized as such in System Information as you see here.

Attached are my SSDT and my Config. My build is the same as listed in my profile. Gigabyte Z390 Pro.
If you haven't yet figured it out, see these posts, they helped me to set correctly the USB3 in my system.

- macOS Catalina 10.15.0 - USB Port-Limit Removal Patch

- A Beginner's Guide to Creating a Custom USB SSDT

- (updated!) The New Beginner's Guide to USB Port Configuration

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte z390 Aorus Pro
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
If you haven't yet figured it out, see these posts, they helped me to set correctly the USB3 in my system.

- macOS Catalina 10.15.0 - USB Port-Limit Removal Patch

- A Beginner's Guide to Creating a Custom USB SSDT

- (updated!) The New Beginner's Guide to USB Port Configuration
Thank you for your help!

So I still haven't FULLY figured it out. I haven't worked very hard at it either tho.. BUT where I am at now...

So USB 3 IS working... but HFS and APFS file systems are SLOW for some reason. When I format the drive to NTFS THEN I get USB 3.1 speeds.

Hopefully, this will help someone who is pulling their hair out to look somewhere else for the solution. Because I have a custom SSDT already and System Report sees a USB 3 drive AS USB 3. If you are have gotten that far and you're still getting slow speeds, look for solutions on Apple's file systems. If I find something I will report it back here.

Motherboard
Asus Prime Z370-A
CPU
i3-9100f
Graphics
RX 560
Hi
Did you manage to solve this issue?

I am having the same problem :(
All the ports from Z370 controller work as USB2.
the usb 3.1 from asmedia work properly.
Plus my front panel connected to onboard USB3 does work properly only after I rewake up the PC from Sleep. It seems that it gets powered properly, because leds are on, sd card reader works, and it can read the USB HD (but anyway still usb2 speed)

Any hint?

Motherboard
Gigabyte z390 Aorus Pro
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi
Did you manage to solve this issue?

I am having the same problem :(
All the ports from Z370 controller work as USB2.
the usb 3.1 from asmedia work properly.
Plus my front panel connected to onboard USB3 does work properly only after I rewake up the PC from Sleep. It seems that it gets powered properly, because leds are on, sd card reader works, and it can read the USB HD (but anyway still usb2 speed)

Any hint?
So like I wrote. A custom SSDT allowed my system to see and use USB 3. BUT APFS is slow and I have no idea why. If you get your custom SSDT worked out, then just use fat32 drives or something. I don't use USB to transfer data very often so I just use fat32. That's was my solution. But it's not a fix.