Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys,
I feel at this point i've tried everything. I've done the following:
1. Tried upgrading with everything normal set up, no changes.
2. Tried upgrading by removing all unnecessary hardware like all graphics cards, ssd's , hdd's, wifi card and used my onboard hd4600
3. Tried to do a clean install from a usb installer ( this worked for me last time from moving from high sierra to mojave)
5. I tried upgrading by trying "basic settings" on the config file, removed some kexts, including removing .aml files in patch folder, that never made a difference
4. I looked up solutions in here, some people had luck with using "SSDT-EC.aml" in clover patched folder, that didn't work for me.

I feel like i've run out of options, i don't know what else to do. Please help me. Everything i tried still result only the apple load bar loading slowly then going at a stand still.

Last edited:
Hello,
I have exactly the same problem as you!
If anyone can help us, thank you in advance.
Have a good day.

As for me, the bar is stuck nearly the beginning ...

Same here, can’t get past this after first reboot.

Attachments

• 7BC1D577-89F2-4AFA-A103-7BD993C668FE.jpeg
    7BC1D577-89F2-4AFA-A103-7BD993C668FE.jpeg
    28.7 KB · Views: 160
I think that may relate to the EC.
Try it with SSDT-EC.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched.

Works fine for me !

Ok, managed to get past this but now upon update completion, I have a black screen. No signal to monitor.

I managed to boot in safe mode, graphics disabled. But major problem is my Edimax WiFi adapter isn’t Catalina compatible, so that’s a deal breaker for me right now. Going back to Mojave via backup.

I think that may relate to the EC.
Try it with SSDT-EC.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched.

Works fine for me !
I managed to boot in safe mode, graphics disabled. But major problem is my Edimax WiFi adapter isn’t Catalina compatible, so that’s a deal breaker for me right now. Going back to Mojave via backup.

I found a solution for me. Here's what i did. Don't even follow that .aml file method. Do this :

1. Update your kexts
2. Update clover boot loader
3. Then i followed this and applied the patch:

"Ah the old apfs_module_start error, sounds like someone never correctly configured their EC device. With laptops it gets more tricky on how to handle them so I'll let you find Rehabman's resources on all that(future desktop users reading this should do this via Corp's USBmap tool).
For your system, we'll need to patch the ACPI and you can find out hw to do this here:

TL;DR: Find out which EC device you have(EC0, H_EC or ECDV), then apply the correct EC patch

Comment Find[HEX]* Replace[HEX]
change EC0 to EC 4543305f 45435f5f
change H_EC to EC 485f4543 45435f5f
change ECDV to EC 45434456 45435f5f

Fun fact of the day: If you convert these values from HEX you'll notice that it's actually EC__ instead of EC. Reason for this is that ACPI renames must match in length or your entire ACPI table will be messed up"

I found a solution for me. Here's what i did. Don't even follow that .aml file method. Do this :

1. Update your kexts
2. Update clover boot loader
3. Then i followed this and applied the patch:

"Ah the old apfs_module_start error, sounds like someone never correctly configured their EC device. With laptops it gets more tricky on how to handle them so I'll let you find Rehabman's resources on all that(future desktop users reading this should do this via Corp's USBmap tool).
For your system, we'll need to patch the ACPI and you can find out hw to do this here:

TL;DR: Find out which EC device you have(EC0, H_EC or ECDV), then apply the correct EC patch

Comment Find[HEX]* Replace[HEX]
change EC0 to EC 4543305f 45435f5f
change H_EC to EC 485f4543 45435f5f
change ECDV to EC 45434456 45435f5f

Fun fact of the day: If you convert these values from HEX you'll notice that it's actually EC__ instead of EC. Reason for this is that ACPI renames must match in length or your entire ACPI table will be messed up"

Btw... The "EC0 TO EC" patch worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back