RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Hi,

Basically had a pretty much working system at 15.2. Did an in place upgrade to 15.4 and now the system locks up anywhere from the start of logging in to ten minutes into it as soon as an app is launched. I followed the upgrade guide as best as possible. Removing unsupported kexts from Library/Extensions and rebuilding caches. I upgraded every Kext I had in Clover/Kexts/Other including Lilu, Weg, and everything else was in there from xhci-unsupported-usb to Injectall-usb, networking lan kexts, and AppleALC kexts. I have a backup of 15.2 on a high speed usb disk that works pretty good. Doesn't lock up at all. Not sure whats going on.

Any help be appreciated.

Specs:

Clover 5108
Asus Z270-WS - 6700K WS
Sapphire Nitro 5700 XT
Intel Raid turned on for Windows Dual boot
Igpu turned off
Adata SX8000 nvme drive (Catalina Install)

Thank you.

Attachments

• ioreg_copy.zip
    907 KB · Views: 57
  • origin.zip
    104 KB · Views: 59
  • RehabMan.zip
    59 KB · Views: 60
  • Clover_EFI.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 63
  • diagnostic_data.txt
    5.1 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
After installing the 10.15.4 supplemental update no longer as far as I can tell experience anymore crashes!
How I updated:

1. Created an emergency bootable Carbon Copy usb disk (helps to have super high speed usb flash).
2. Downloaded the supplemental update directly from Apple.
3. Installed from 10.15.2 install directly directed upon 10.15.4 faulty installation
4. Rebooted

Still locking up and hanging on me from anywhere from start to finish. If anyone can help. Will upload of PM you EFI/Clover folder and IOreg files and DSDT dump files. I know you guys must be busy with your own problems but I have been losing sleep on this. Best case its a problem or bug with 15.4 as there have been reports, second could be my ADATA SSD. Ordered a Samsung 970 Evo plus on order to see. Third maybe I need a DSDT made? Though Clover auto patches and no longer need DSDT?

Thanks

Updated starting post with diagnostic info required according to 'Problems and Workarounds' thread such as Ioreg data, Patchomatic dump, Clover dsdt dump data, Clover efi folder data, and more. Included Clover Efi folder for both 15.2 that sort of works, and that belonging to 15.4 installation. So if anyone can help..

Thank you

Updated starting post with diagnostic info required according to 'Problems and Workarounds' thread such as Ioreg data, Patchomatic dump, Clover dsdt dump data, Clover efi folder data, and more. Included Clover Efi folder for both 15.2 that sort of works, and that belonging to 15.4 installation. So if anyone can help..

Thank you
Have you tried turning off intel raid?

No because it never caused a problem before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back