Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte
CPU
i7
Graphics
CTX 760
Upgrading from Mojave to Catalina caused my system to crash and the only way I could fix it was to install Catalina over the top from a USB stick created from the Catalina Installer and Clover, built from another Mac.
My machine cam back to life, with all apps and data, but something very strange has happened. It now has 2 APFS volumes on the primary hard disk. Both were called OSX1000 (the name I gave it as it is a 1TB disk), but then I renamed of them to "new". The first volume has a mount point of / and the second has a mount point ion /System/Volumes/Data.
Is this what is causing my issues or is this a result of the upgrade? Can I merge the volumes, can I delete one, or should I backup and recover the entire system, or even rebuild it and restore my personal data?
I have attached an image of the setup along with an extract from terminal.
Because it is my system drive, I cannot seem to do anything with them when the system is running in multi-user, perhaps I could from single user or the recovery console? Help and advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-10-16 at 13.58.36.png
    Screenshot 2019-10-16 at 13.58.36.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot 2019-10-16 at 14.04.43.png
    Screenshot 2019-10-16 at 14.04.43.png
    59.4 KB · Views: 62
In Catalina, system partition is Read-only, so it automatically create a new "data" partition for any changes you made. It's normal, don't try to delete or merge them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back