Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Catalina update from Mojave stuck at apfs_module_start:1683

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I started out two years ago I used to forget to add those type of files in the config.plist file. That is, I just dropped the files in those directories without adding any reference in the plist file; consequently the outcome was not what I was expecting.
how do i add reference in the plist? sorry, but I am a total newbie at this!

THANK YOU! Been trying to get the installer to work for days. @P1LGRIM

It figured it out: I had two identical systems running on two separate SSD's (both 10.14.6). I added the SSDT-EC.aml only to the EFI of the SSD I wanted to update. I had in fact add it to both (for reasons beyond me). It works now.

I should have disconnected the second system.
Hello I have the same issue. I have two NVM SSD hooked up, are you saying i should disconnect one and try to boot up again?

Use the forum Search tool perhaps ?
This problem has been dealt with many times over the last few days.

You just need to put SSDT-EC.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched.
my problem : nvme asserted failed Thank friend. thats works for me.

I've followed trp96's guide using unibeast to build fresh catalina boot and getting this error. My usb already contains the SSDT-EC.aml file referenced in this thread. Not sure what to do.

how do i add reference in the plist? sorry, but I am a total newbie at this!

Would also like to know the answer to this. I've opened the config.plist in clover configurator but don't see a mention of it.

When I started out two years ago I used to forget to add those type of files in the config.plist file. That is, I just dropped the files in those directories without adding any reference in the plist file; consequently the outcome was not what I was expecting.
Hi - stupid question but how/where do I add this to the config.plist? Thanks

Thank you very much P1LGRIM you allowed me to find the right solution for me!!!!!!
I have an asus prime 270-a and now i finally managed to have a clean installation of catalina 15.4!!!!
Guys I love you ... you are fantastic.. W tonymacx86!!!

I'm update Mojave to Catalina and i got the same problem...

But, was solved puting SSDT-EC, acording your recomendation.

Thanks Man! Works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back