Vega 64
Mac
  1. Mac mini
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
When I get to my login screen, I get a system message saying that I am running off the batteries on the UPS.
I don’t have a UPS!
Investigation reveals that it is thinking that my Corsair Commander Pro which is connected to my internal USB 2.0 port (it’s marked as an internal device in the UAIC.aml in the ACPI/patched directory) is a Commander UPS.
How can I tell the macOS system that I don’t have a UPS and to leave the Corsair Commander Pro alone?

Edit: See this post for a solution to this annoying problem.

Last edited:
got the same symptoms here, too. but it only applies after first beta of 10.15.2
Earlier revisions don't show Corsair Commander Pro as an UPS.

I’m glad it’s not only me then. Is there a fix?
I wonder why macOS is getting confused ‍♂️ as it should be using the vendor and device ID’s to know what the USB device is.

Same problem here. The workaround is disabling the port used by the Commander Pro with USBMap

Yes it appears that Apple is matching the Commander Pro on the name “Commander Pro” instead of the USB vendor product ids.
There is a USB UPS called “Commander Pro”. Very wrong way of identifying attached USB devices.
Disabling the USB port is not a long term solution, at least for me as I’m using some open source apps to talk to the multiple devices attached and to my Commander Pro.

Same problem here !

Capture d’écran 2020-01-05 à 21.02.51.png

same problem, any help?

Same problem here. Could this be related to randomly shutting down while playing games with high graphics?

macOS 10.15.3 came out. Still not fixed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back