Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Ultra
CPU
I5
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 570
Hello all.

I am on my first build and I've had a a lot of head scratching (banging) trying to figure it all out. I have followed the Catalina install using the Unibeast method and all was going well. I installed it from the USB and then onto a SSD. TAAADAA! All was well with the world and it looked good. However, I restarted the machine and now all I get is the Apple Logo with no progress bar. I've screenshot a pic of it when i booted in verbose mode and would like to hear your thoughts. A word of warning though... as it is my first build, I am trying to understand with all the terminology but I may struggle with some of your answers - so talk me through it like a 5 year old please. TIA. Mick

Hack.jpg

Hello all.

I am on my first build and I've had a a lot of head scratching (banging) trying to figure it all out. I have followed the Catalina install using the Unibeast method and all was going well. I installed it from the USB and then onto a SSD. TAAADAA! All was well with the world and it looked good. However, I restarted the machine and now all I get is the Apple Logo with no progress bar. I've screenshot a pic of it when i booted in verbose mode and would like to hear your thoughts. A word of warning though... as it is my first build, I am trying to understand with all the terminology but I may struggle with some of your answers - so talk me through it like a 5 year old please. TIA. Mick

View attachment 532217
may be worth removing your nvidia card and use your bult-in intel graphics

I should say. I have a Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 motherboard. i7 chip and a gigabyte gv-n65toc-2gi graphics card. I heard that if you reset nvram at the clover boot screen it could sort it but no luck as yet.

I should say. I have a Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 motherboard. i7 chip and a gigabyte gv-n65toc-2gi graphics card. I heard that if you reset nvram at the clover boot screen it could sort it but no luck as yet.

Hi there.

You probably know this by now but ...

Your GTX570 is NOT supported by macOS. The last OS it would work with was High Sierra using the NVidia Web-Drivers.

This is the reason to try the iGPU instead. However you don't tell us in your hardware profile which version of i7 CPU you are using. It states i5 ( o_O ). Please update etc. I don't remember back far enough to the Z87 to know what iGPU options that series had, I'll admit.

If it did have an iGPU it is likely an HD 4600.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back