i7 8700K
Graphics
GeForce GTX 1060 Xtreme Gaming 6GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, my hackintosh is the first (iMac 8700) of my build segnature - Samsung 970 evo NVMe disk and video card is a Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 590 8Gb.
I did a clean installation of Catalina.
I used the Clover config.plist attached (very basic) downloaded from the post "How to Create a macOS Catalina Public Beta Installation USB" becouse my old High Sierra don't work with Catalina.
Installation was successful except that some graphics glitches during the sistem loading.
Are there any settings I can use for my video card?
Now I would like to customize the config.plist (SMBIOS actually is iMac 14,2) but when I tried to change SMBIOS using iMac18,3 or iMac 19,1 or iMac19,2 (the one most similar to my computer) at startup after half loading bar the video turns off.
Thanks

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.4 KB · Views: 445
Last edited:
Are you using the Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts? WG should take care of a bunch of compatibility issues with your GPU.

If you change SMBIOS type (and you're right that iMac 18,3 or 19,2 is probably a better match), make sure to also update all the other data like serial number, board ID, and so on. Clover Configurator can autogenerate them for you if you don't have another tool to do that.

Are you using the Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts? WG should take care of a bunch of compatibility issues with your GPU.

If you change SMBIOS type (and you're right that iMac 18,3 or 19,2 is probably a better match), make sure to also update all the other data like serial number, board ID, and so on. Clover Configurator can autogenerate them for you if you don't have another tool to do that.
Yes I use Lilu and Whatevergreen and I’d auto-generated all the data using Clover Configurator and controlled the serial isn’t used, so I don't know what else to do!

Yes I use Lilu and Whatevergreen and I’d auto-generated all the data using Clover Configurator and controlled the serial isn’t used, so I don't know what else to do!

Please try this config.plist or try the EFI folder from my Z370 build. Link is below in my signature.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.8 KB · Views: 615
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back