Graphics
RX 6700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Running Catalina Beta 2 (19A501i) on a spare drive on my main hack (iMac1). Much smoother and running better than the first public beta in my opinion.

A number of fixes to the new Music App have been implemented, so it is actually usable with an Apple Music account.

New Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext have sorted out my dual display setup only using one display.

Most of the apps I use on a day to day basis are working Ok, just an issue with OneDrive link on Launchpad not working or showing correctly. May need to reinstall/repair Office 365 to get the OneDrive icon and other missing Office app icons visible on Launchpad.

I have my Clover install on the EFI Partition of my Mojave drive, not the Catalina drive, it works just fine and I can select which OS to boot from the Clover boot screen.

Running Catalina Beta 2 (19A501i) on a spare drive on my main hack (iMac1). Much smoother and running better than the first public beta in my opinion.

A number of fixes to the new Music App have been implemented, so it is actually usable with an Apple Music account.

New Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext have sorted out my dual display setup only using one display.

Most of the apps I use on a day to day basis are working Ok, just an issue with OneDrive link on Launchpad not working or showing correctly. May need to reinstall/repair Office 365 to get the OneDrive icon and other missing Office app icons visible on Launchpad.

I have my Clover install on the EFI Partition of my Mojave drive, not the Catalina drive, it works just fine and I can select which OS to boot from the Clover boot screen.
Hi, how can you use iMac1 with intel 4th generation?

Last edited:
Haswell CPU's have the instruction sets required for Mojave and Catalina. I have been using Haswell or Haswell Refresh CPU's for years. They work with all versions of OSX macOS from Mountain Lion. All you need is a working EFI folder, which I assume you have as you have a 9 series motherboard and Haswell CPU in your signature.

What made you think that Haswell CPU's and Z87 or Z97 Motherboard's wouldn't work with Mojave/Catalina?

Your Z77 Motherboard should also work with Mojave, as the comparable iMac 13.1 (late 2012) is supposed to support the current version of macOS.

I have just uninstalled and reinstalled Office 365, including OneDrive and the same issue with the Launchpad icons remains, i.e. they don't appear in Launchpad.

I have just uninstalled and reinstalled Office 365, including OneDrive and the same issue with the Launchpad icons remains, i.e. they don't appear in Launchpad.

Apple did something weird with Catalina, and I think it was on purpose to keep Launchpad from getting cluttered. I was experiencing this issue as well, but it's easily fixable:

All you have to do is drag the application from the Application folder (in Finder) onto the Launchpad icon in the dock. That'll put the application into the Launchpad.

Then, something else interesting is you can hold down the left click on top of an app in Launchpad, and it'll start to wiggle just like on the iPhone. That gives you the ability to move/delete apps from Launchpad. Although, some of them can't be deleted for some weird reason; maybe it's a bug? Who really knows at this point. :p

So, all that to say that this seems like an intentional move by Apple, but I can't find anything confirming it.

-Kyle

I noticed the iOS like delete icon/app ability with Launchpad but wasn’t aware of the drag and drop ability, so thanks.

Haswell CPU's have the instruction sets required for Mojave and Catalina. I have been using Haswell or Haswell Refresh CPU's for years. They work with all versions of OSX macOS from Mountain Lion. All you need is a working EFI folder, which I assume you have as you have a 9 series motherboard and Haswell CPU in your signature.

What made you think that Haswell CPU's and Z87 or Z97 Motherboard's wouldn't work with Mojave/Catalina?

Your Z77 Motherboard should also work with Mojave, as the comparable iMac 13.1 (late 2012) is supposed to support the current version of macOS.

Excuse me, I am confused between iMac1 and iMac Pro

My main hack is named iMac1, my other hacks are named iMac2, iMac3 etc.

Just upgraded to macOS Catalina Beta (19A512f).

Apple have fixed the issue where apps weren't appearing in Launchpad, time to arrange the mess they left, but at least they fixed the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back