Contribute
Register

Catalina on Samsung PCIe SSD, very slow boot time and overall slow hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever you do, you will not see boot time under 20 seconds like a real Mac.
Mine is at 22 seconds from clover screen to Desktop.
Yes, I understand. But it is still double the time compared to yours. Its not just that I am dying to make it boot fast, but I would want to improve as much as possible. Could you please share your EFI, so that I can compare it with mine.

Thanks

Hey, just curios how fast did you get it to go and how? I'm finished getting my laptop 100% functional and now I'm tackling performance improvements. Boot time hovers around 50/60 secs after clover while linux is ~10 secs and Windows used to be around 15/20.

40/50 seems to be the consensus around the hackintosh community so I don't have too many high hopes here but still I wanted to give this a shot :)

thanks!

well, as long as the OS is stable and everything works, what is the big deal about how fast it boots ?, my hackintosh does take longer then Windows 10 or ubuntu but I boot with -v so its all good anyways. just run some bench marks and validate you are getting the performance you should be getting, remember comparing Windows 10 and Mac OS is not apples to apples comparison.... <-- see what I idid there.

well, as long as the OS is stable and everything works, what is the big deal about how fast it boots ?, my hackintosh does take longer then Windows 10 or ubuntu but I boot with -v so its all good anyways. just run some bench marks and validate you are getting the performance you should be getting, remember comparing Windows 10 and Mac OS is not apples to apples comparison.... <-- see what I idid there.

I know. I didn't say it wasn't acceptable, but if something can be optimized, I will want that optimized. I don't reboot that often but when I do, the faster the better.

For the time being I'm very (extremely) happy about it, but if it can be better I'll get it to that state.

Cheers!

I know. I didn't say it wasn't acceptable, but if something can be optimized, I will want that optimized. I don't reboot that often but when I do, the faster the better.

For the time being I'm very (extremely) happy about it, but if it can be better I'll get it to that state.

Cheers!

I have the same problem, did you get it to speed up?

I have the same problem, did you get it to speed up?
Never touched it back again. I accepted that it takes about 45/55 seconds from bootloader to desktop and that's it. Everything else flies :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back