Contribute
Register

Catalina on Dell XPS 9500 (year 2020 model) (OpenCore)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any other related settings that I can check in the BIOS? What about "Block Sleep" option - on or off?

Block sleep - OFF or else it won't sleep!

Usually the issue with sleep is that on waking up from sleep, it crashes. So you would turn block sleep ON if you wanted to stop it sleeping and crashing on wake. However, turning on Block sleep in BIOS will also disable sleep in Windows. Rather than that, use a Mac app like Amphetamine which works quite well.

I can't think of any other settings specifically. I did turn off CFG with the BIOS hack, but not sure if this helped or not. On my other Dell XPS, I didn't touch CFG and they all sleep fine.

In that case is there a way to use hibernate instead of sleep?

If you are crashing on wake up, then I think hibernating -> wakeup would be the same as sleep -> wakeup. It's the wakeup process that causes a crash. In some laptops, it might be the NVMe drive causing it. Check the error when you reboot after the crash to see if you have any clues as to what causes the crash.

Yes. You are right, it does not matter if it sleeps or hibernates. It goes through wake up both times. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try to pin point what is causing it.

New Dell XPS 15 9500 System BIOS v.1.18.0 from 13 Sep 2022

Dell has released a new version of the BIOS which claims that "Fixed the issue where the system stops responding at the Dell logo while booting.". Will that fix the sleep/wake up issue in macOS?

New Dell XPS 15 9500 System BIOS v.1.18.0 from 13 Sep 2022

Dell has released a new version of the BIOS which claims that "Fixed the issue where the system stops responding at the Dell logo while booting.". Will that fix the sleep/wake up issue in macOS?
make sure your USB ports are setup correctly, that could help with sleep/wake issues:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back