Contribute
Register

Catalina on Dell XPS 9500 (year 2020 model) (OpenCore)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you start up the laptop, you should see a menu after the Dell Logo disappears. There's an option called modGRUBShell. Select that and follow the guide. It disables the CFG-Lock because Dell doesn't allow us to do that in the BIOS.

When you start up the laptop, you should see a menu after the Dell Logo disappears. There's an option called modGRUBShell. Select that and follow the guide. It disables the CFG-Lock because Dell doesn't allow us to do that in the BIOS.
Oh okay, thank you. Can I install the hackintosh on the second NVMe slot and be able to boot between the two? (One ssd for Windows and the other for MacOs) if that's the case, then do I have access to both drives once I'm signed in to one of the OS?

no matter what I try I can't get an external monitor working. Any idea where to start on fixing that? also if i unplug the usb hub or usb 3 to display port cable while its booted up it crashes and restarts the computer.

Oh okay, thank you. Can I install the hackintosh on the second NVMe slot and be able to boot between the two? (One ssd for Windows and the other for MacOs) if that's the case, then do I have access to both drives once I'm signed in to one of the OS?
MacOS can read NTFS but can't write without additional installs. Windows can't see MacOS partitions, naturally. But yes you can boot between the two - just need to select boot drive at POST.

no matter what I try I can't get an external monitor working. Any idea where to start on fixing that? also if i unplug the usb hub or usb 3 to display port cable while its booted up it crashes and restarts the computer.
I don't know how to get external monitor working yet, since I don't actually have one to test.

MacOS can read NTFS but can't write without additional installs. Windows can't see MacOS partitions, naturally. But yes you can boot between the two - just need to select boot drive at POST.
Thank you for clarifying. You have been very helpful, and I appreciate what you have done so far to get this to work. It seems like there are many issues with creating a Hackintosh, which makes me rethink on whether I should go through with this as well. Do you think that maybe in the near future your EFI folder could be perfected? (or has it ever been perfected for other devices?)
Say I do try it out, would there be any damages to the device's hardware during the process? If I then realize that it's not for me, how can I delete/format the drive that contains the Hackintosh in it, so that I can use it as more storage for my Windows OS?

Last edited:
I don't know how to get external monitor working yet, since I don't actually have one to test.
You’ve done great work so far and it seems quite a few people have this problem. No external display support

Last edited:
Try to google for it and see if you can find out how to fix it I guess?

Thank you for clarifying. You have been very helpful, and I appreciate what you have done so far to get this to work. It seems like there are many issues with creating a Hackintosh, which makes me rethink on whether I should go through with this as well. Do you think that maybe in the near future your EFI folder could be perfected? (or has it ever been perfected for other devices?)
Say I do try it out, would there be any damages to the device's hardware during the process? If I then realize that it's not for me, how can I delete/format the drive that contains the Hackintosh in it, so that I can use it as more storage for my Windows OS?
To be honest, I wouldn't install a hackintosh if you're not familiar with all of these to begin with.

You seem to have a monopoly on XPS 9500 + Hackintosh. This is not a very hot topic. XPS 9500, Hackintosh and External Display Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back