Contribute
Register

Catalina on Dell XPS 9500 (year 2020 model) (OpenCore)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There should be no need to change anything with your CPU.

awesome thank you!!! so your config.plist and all .aml files will work if i just copy them all over to my efi?

Hi, this is my first time hearing about installing Hackintosh on a Laptop, so I am new at this. I would like to get it on my Dell XPS 15 9500. Could you please provide a step to step guide on what you exactly did?

The sound doesn't seem to be coming out of the top speakers on the palm rest keyboard area. I think it's only coming out of the side bottom firing ones. Any fix for this? Also do you know if a usb c cord will work for an external monitor admit seems the Dell hdmi adapter doesn't work.

I haven't got an external monitor to test so I'm not sure. I can't tell if the audio is coming out of the top facing speakers, but I'm not sure how to fix it if it isn't.

Is the xps 13 9300 similar with the audio setup?

Not quite. It's got a different pin layout and does not have subwoofers. The current audio config is partially taken from XPS 9300.

Could you explain more about this part?
"Select the modGRUBShell option at startup (OpenCore boot selection page). At the grub prompt, enter the following commands (the first line unlocks CFG, the second line unlocks overclocking)."
Is that the modGRUBShell found in your EFI folder inside Tools called modGRUBShell.efi?

Also, I saw that the guide said that we can enable something called the AppleXcomCfgLock in case we do not disable CFG lock in Bios (which I couldn't find in the Dell XPS bios)

Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 2.00.04 PM.png

In case I do not disable the CFG lock, would this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back