Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Catalina on Biostar TH55HD Socket 1156 with Sapphire Pulse RX580 - CLOVER & OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
My board is TH55HD (no "B") with an overclocked Xeon X3460. My board is an amazing overclocker, since it has an 8-pin CPU power connector with more power "phases." I suspect that your board won't have the same overclock capability with the 4-pin CPU power connector, but if overclock doesn't matter, you will be fine. I don't know the other differences between TH55BHD and TH55HD, but you should be able to find easily.

I don't know if the DSDT for the TH55BHD matches that of the TH55HD and am not sure what you risk by using my config files on your board.

I'm not sure either? Chipset wise and layout wise they look the same. The only physical difference is the power socket for the processor. I'm sure that aids in over clocking and power draw. I know my existing board has been shown to run similar Xeon CPUs. I did a quick search and haven't found anything as of yet but for the price I paid for it I think it would be a definitely easier process with your known working files. I will keep you up do date on the process. If this does not work I may end up refitting it with newer components for a modern processor and board> i know you can pick up whole "replacement" boards for HP and Dell workstations with processor pretty cheap and I've already done an Optiplex 960.

Thank You!

My board is TH55HD (no "B") with an overclocked Xeon X3460. My board is an amazing overclocker, since it has an 8-pin CPU power connector with more power "phases." I suspect that your board won't have the same overclock capability with the 4-pin CPU power connector, but if overclock doesn't matter, you will be fine. I don't know the other differences between TH55BHD and TH55HD, but you should be able to find easily.

I don't know if the DSDT for the TH55BHD matches that of the TH55HD and am not sure what you risk by using my config files on your board.

You may want to try to get Catalina working with the built-in I5 graphics before you figure out your GeForce 710. You should be able to do this by enabling your IGPU, removing your Nvidia injection (DSDT / Clover) and changing your SMBIOS MacModel to iMac 14,2. You won't have graphics acceleration, but it will be sufficient for testing and you will eliminate graphics as a variable. You can see that this is the approach that I took in my Mojave thread before I discovered the incredible DosDude patches and before I switched to an RX580.

@roto31 This thread may help you. Key seems to be to uncheck "Inject NVidia" in Clover Configurator.

Good day
Thanks a lot for your threed. Its very helpful for many 1156 users.

I have question for you. Did u have some problem when enable AppleLPC? I cant enable SpeedSteep without P-state generation and when i generate C-State i have better score in GeekBench, lower temperature but system starts lagging. And i never seen what Turboboost was working.
I have motherboard with H55 and X3470. AppleLPC starting by rename my 3b06 to 3b09. I try to use different id, but same result - when generate C-States enable, system have lags.

Good day
Thanks a lot for your threed. Its very helpful for many 1156 users.

I have question for you. Did u have some problem when enable AppleLPC? I cant enable SpeedSteep without P-state generation and when i generate C-State i have better score in GeekBench, lower temperature but system starts lagging. And i never seen what Turboboost was working.
I have motherboard with H55 and X3470. AppleLPC starting by rename my 3b06 to 3b09. I try to use different id, but same result - when generate C-States enable, system have lags.
Glad this is helpful. My system is running perfectly (except for sleep as described, but I don't mind). Please provide your problem reporting files using black.dragon's problem reporting (gen_debug) tool and I'll take a look.

@deeveedee Thanks for help. Blackdragon's tool have issuse with my acpi-names. Maybe DarwinDumper?
Or later I'll try to solve question with names.

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2020-05-20 в 14.28.53.png
    Снимок экрана 2020-05-20 в 14.28.53.png
    734.1 KB · Views: 55
  • DarwinDumper_2.9.9.2_Clover_X64_0000_Unknown_sergei.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 42
@deeveedee Thanks for help. Blackdragon's tool have issuse with my acpi-names. Maybe DarwinDumper?
Or later I'll try to solve question with names.

Try removing "RSDT-" from your ACPI names and run black.dragon's tool.

My CPU Power Management runs natively (without any Clover config.plist options) because I have patched/edited my DSDT as described in my Mojave thread. Please review my Mojave thread to see how I manually patched my DSDT. For my older systems, manual patching of the DSDTs is the only way that I found to produce a perfect hack.

My CPU Power Management runs natively (without any Clover config.plist options) because I have patched/edited my DSDT as described in my Mojave thread. Please review my Mojave thread to see how I manually patched my DSDT. For my older systems, manual patching of the DSDTs is the only way that I found to produce a perfect hack.
Hokkay. I'll try to do my own DSDT. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back