Register

Catalina on Asus Zenbook Pro UX580GE

Motherboard
Z99
CPU
I78700
Graphics
GTX 1070
look at the link that is in the post above yours. I followed that recommendation and now I have trackpad working (sometimes is not well initialized at power on but it works after reboot) and the touchscreen works only with the ASSUS Pen.
Like I don't understand why you answer to others and not me bro

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Like I don't understand why you answer to others and not me bro
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170N-WiFi
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GT 640
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
@KiiRan sorry for late reply but to answer your question: I have only basic functionality of the trackpad (no multi touch or gestures). The version of VoodoI2C kext is quite old and I do not have time to test/debug with the latest version.

Motherboard
Z99
CPU
I78700
Graphics
GTX 1070
@KiiRan sorry for late reply but to answer your question: I have only basic functionality of the trackpad (no multi touch or gestures). The version of VoodoI2C kext is quite old and I do not have time to test/debug with the latest version.
It's ok bro no problems. The only problems that remains then are that the webcam doesn't work and I can't achieve to enable the keyboard backlight... Did you fixed any of these two probs ? Followed your "tutorial" for the keyboard backlight but since we're now using OpenCore and not Clover I cannot patch the DSDT for the ACPIDebug... ACPIDebug kext is loaded but the patch for keys debug isn't... I don't know how I could do :'(

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170N-WiFi
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GT 640
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
On my rig the webcam is detected OOB as UVC webcam. Check if you have USB2.0 VGA UVC Webcam under USB in System Information if not check you USB port limit patch. On my rig the webcam is on HS09 port.
Regarding the keyboard backlight take a look at the SSDT-1_9-ATKD from my last posted debug archive. This model has only one key for controlling keyboard backlight so I added code to cycle the intensity into Method _Q0D (FN+F7 key) and used a variable to store the value (DKLV).

Motherboard
Z99
CPU
I78700
Graphics
GTX 1070
On my rig the webcam is detected OOB as UVC webcam. Check if you have USB2.0 VGA UVC Webcam under USB in System Information if not check you USB port limit patch. On my rig the webcam is on HS09 port.
Regarding the keyboard backlight take a look at the SSDT-1_9-ATKD from my last posted debug archive. This model has only one key for controlling keyboard backlight so I added code to cycle the intensity into Method _Q0D (FN+F7 key) and used a variable to store the value (DKLV).
Yeah it is detected as UVC webcam too but on FaceTime and photo booth app I just get a black screen.
I've already checked ATKD and tried to use it but doesnt work as the laptop isn't the exact same as yours (UX480FD), but I've also only one button to cycle through it. Sadly can't debug it...

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390i
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@boardschauer Can you teach me how to drive screenpad,please.

- Use the latest version of VoodooI2C.kext and VoodooI2CHID.kext.
- Inside of VoodooI2CHID.kext edit the file Content/Info.plist and remove the whole section starting with "<key>VoodooI2CHIDDevice Touchscreen HID Event Driver" and also the following "<dict>" section.

Motherboard
ASUS ZenBook Pro Duo 15 UX582
CPU
i9-10980HK
Graphics
UHD 630 + RTX 3070
- Use the latest version of VoodooI2C.kext and VoodooI2CHID.kext.
- Inside of VoodooI2CHID.kext edit the file Content/Info.plist and remove the whole section starting with "<key>VoodooI2CHIDDevice Touchscreen HID Event Driver" and also the following "<dict>" section.
Thank You I can use my touchpad now.
@KleinWowa @yejiajun @octavian1979
Can you make the multitouch gesture work on your screenpad? If so, how did you make it work?