Contribute
Register

Catalina no Bluetooth with Fenvi FV-T919. WiFi is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
i9 10900K 3.7 GHz
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi
Hardware I am testing is a GA-Z170X, I7, RX-580. Updated from Mojave into Catalina. I have everything working except bluetooth. It is not recognized. It was working with Mojave.

Thanks.

Is the USB 3.0 also working (not USB 2.0)? Often the Bluetooth is connected through the USB 3.0 line.

I have a similar issue with my build.

Installed a Fenvi-T919 and Wi-Fi works OOB, however, BT does not work. MacOS states that not Bluetooth device is installed. Admittedly, I have not looked into the issue much yet. (My playtime is usually on the weekends.)

Wi-Fi worked OOB perfectly.
BT reports as no connected Bluetooth devices.

My Setup:
Mobo: Z390 Gigabyte Designare
CPU: i9-9900k
RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance
GPU: Vega FE
SSD: Samsung 970
Additional PCI: Fenvi-T919

It seems to be very hardware issue considering that a small BT dongle makes Catalina recognizes it. The possible pointed out solution above is very tough to my current knowledge. I tried simply place some kexts to /Library/Extensions but only this didn't solve the problem. Neither my Asus nor Gigabyte hacks are working with Fenvi-T919 for BT. I am expecting that some day it will be solved by someone clever than I am. In the meantime I am using a real Mac (mini mac).

It seems to be very hardware issue considering that a small BT dongle makes Catalina recognizes it. The possible pointed out solution above is very tough to my current knowledge. I tried simply place some kexts to /Library/Extensions but only this didn't solve the problem. Neither my Asus nor Gigabyte hacks are working with Fenvi-T919 for BT. I am expecting that some day it will be solved by someone clever than I am. In the meantime I am using a real Mac (mini mac).

I am planning on buying a small USB BT adapter to get by for the mean time.

I'll keep an eye out for solutions. I have read on another post that someone stated that the BT and Wi-Fi worked with Catalina from this card. I queried them, so just awaiting their response.

I have that card and it works well with Catalina, have handoff and everything working

If I had a guess maybe not all the USB ports are being seen, I am using mine through a usb header.

If I had a guess maybe not all the USB ports are being seen, I am using mine through a usb header.

That's what I suspected too. I have mine going from the

MOBO Header > NZXT 2.0 USB Header Hub > BT USB Cable

I will try to connect directly to the MOBO header and test. I will also remap my USBs and see if that helps.

Question: Was there any special method that was used to get the BT to work or was it just working OOB with Catalina?

Thanks for all your advice and support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back