Contribute
Register

Catalina no Bluetooth with Fenvi FV-T919. WiFi is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a similar problem as you, although I have completely different hardware. Everything worked fine under Mojave, but no Bluetooth connectivity under Catalina 15.0. I suspected my BT adapter was in conflict with the builtin MB Wi-Fi & BT.
1. I removed Bluetooth PAN from System Preferences/Network as it could not connect anyway and you can always add it back in.
2. Shutdown down the PC and DISABLE the Wi-Fi & Bluetooth option in the BIOS, then restart.
3. Once up and running, at this point I had wireless keyboard connectivity but no wireless mouse.
Open Bluetooth Preferences:
a) Delete the mouse device that is trying to connect
b) Turn off Bluetooth, then turn it back on, the mouse will be recognized and try to go into pairing mode
c) Turn off the mouse then turn it back on so it can pair as a new device.

Thanks. But I don't even have Bluetooth options--anywhere. It's like BT doesn't even exist in the system. "No Bluetooth Hardware Found" in System Report.

You're using Catalina? No BrcmFirmwareRepo/Data or Injector kexts? I can't even get the computer to recognize there is a bluetooth onboard, which makes me question the integrity of my Fenvi T919 device itself (it's advertised as BT+WiFi but the package I received it in says nothing about BT)
So you have a connector on it? And you wired that connector to an USB hub on your mobo?

If not, I would definitely return it. If there is and you have it connected then it's probably faulty.
Does it work in Windows?

An alternative that I also have is this one:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32815001639.html
(it says 1300, but it's the same as the "1900" models (1300+600 -- I know, logic...)

So you have a connector on it? And you wired that connector to an USB hub on your mobo?

If not, I would definitely return it. If there is and you have it connected then it's probably faulty.
Does it work in Windows?

An alternative that I also have is this one:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32815001639.html
(it says 1300, but it's the same as the "1900" models (1300+600 -- I know, logic...)

What do you mean by connector? The T919 is connected to a PCI slot internally. WiFi works just fine.

What do you mean by connector? The T919 is connected to a PCI slot
In addition to PCIe you need this cable connected to the adapter and to an internal USB 2.0 header for BT to work.
Screen Shot 14.jpg

In addition to PCIe you need this cable connected to the adapter and to an internal USB 2.0 header for BT to work.
View attachment 441220

Aha. The box mentioned that. But the device doesn't actually have a connector for this cable (the instructions mentioned it). So it sounds like I have the wrong product in there.

Thanks for the troubleshooting :)

Glad to have sorted it out.

By the way, mine has some sort of 'metal box' on the card that's inserted (it's kind of a case that covers also the connector). Then on the side of the 'box' there's a rectangled hole where the cable is to be inserted.

WORKING BT AND WIFI (CATALINA 10.15.1)
I recently buyed a FENVI FV-T919 and installed first at PCIe x 16 Slot with the USB cable connected to the MOBO .. USB2.0. When I restart... I got only Bluetooh working OOB.

So I change the card for the PCIe x1 slot (the first one ), then I restart and had BT and WiFi working at the moment without problems. Have AirDrop, Continuity, Airplay and AirPods working

I can't use my apple watch yet to unlock de Hackintosh. So if a get I will tell you by this site.

So I think you can try with one compatible slot according to your MOBO.

Hi,
I have the same wifi and Bluetooth module you people have. I was also having the same issue you people are facing. But for me, this issue was solved by adding proper XCPM kernelToPatch for my CPU and adding a proper USB port mapping. Now everything is working flawlessly. no extra Kext is required for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back