Lenovo 20QQS44R02
CPU
E-2276M/ CM246
Graphics
UHD P630 + RTX 5000
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I've successfully installed Catalina 10.15.1 on my MSI GS63VR 7RF, but it's obviously not perfect as my experience hackintoshing isn't that extensive. I'd love to see if you guys can find any possible improvements with my hack. So far bluetooth, wifi, sleep, and sound are all working. One issue I'm having is that under load the CPU temps throttle at 95 even with liquid metal application. For reference in windows under load I reach 75-80c max full AVX load. I've disabled the GTX 1060 which apparently also disables the 2 GPU fans. This is an issue because the copper heatsink is shared between the CPU and GPU. I'm wondering if there is a way to keep the GPU fans running without the 1060 drawing power, creating heat, and draining battery. My bios (E16K2IMS.31B) is unlocked but gives me no control over my fans from the bios. I've also posted on biosmods website about this issue with no help. In short it would be awesome if someone could check out my logs and EFI folder which I've attached to see if there are any improvements that can be made. Thanks!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    34 MB · Views: 237
  • debug_6376.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 103
Fan is mostly on new notebooks controlled over the embedded controller and not the bios directly. . So manufactor can provide informations. When you can disable over bios discrete graphics you should contact MSI that this disable the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back