Contribute
Register

Catalina - Intel HD4600 not detected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I'm already searching for a build. But most of the users don't use the internal GPU. :/

Friend I can share my BUILD, intel HD 4600, core i7 4770k, SMBIOS 15.1, Gigabyte z97x Gaming 5, it cost me a lot of work to make this work, then install these Kext, in Library / Extensions with Hackintool (AppleALC, AtherosE2200Ethernet, Lilu , VirtualSMC, WhateverGreen, FakePCIID_XHCIM, FakePCIID) send an email to [email protected] to share BuilD and the missing kexts.

Well you got a different motherboard. Unfortunately the iGPU settings for the Z97 series do not work on the Z87 series motherboards. :(

Friend I can share my BUILD, intel HD 4600, core i7 4770k, SMBIOS 15.1, Gigabyte z97x Gaming 5, it cost me a lot of work to make this work, then install these Kext, in Library / Extensions with Hackintool (AppleALC, AtherosE2200Ethernet, Lilu , VirtualSMC, WhateverGreen, FakePCIID_XHCIM, FakePCIID) send an email to [email protected] to share BuilD and the missing kexts.
can you share me your config? currently I face problem with intel hd4600 only 7mb :(

Try this CLOVER folder in place of your current one, see if that works any better.

It is based on the H87, Z87 and Z97 Haswell Hackintosh systems I run. Although they my systems all use discrete GPU's, the config etc. provided should work with your system.

Attachments

• CLOVER_tony.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 92
@Edhawk thank mate, I've tried your clover folder with a little bit of change related to SMBIOS only (generate new UUID...) and got memory panic stack shot error,
I take a video about this but it a little bit hard to read because the error log scroll too fast, but I think it's related to IGPU problem because when I removed Devices/Properties and fake it with 0x12345678, it can boot normally but yes, only have 7mb of IGPU

Edit: I'm in Catalina currently 10.15.4 currently

@blackberry4311 sorry I should have made myself clear when posting the CLOVER folder, it was aimed/created for @droid-mac and his Z87 gigabyte system.

Anyway,

The kernel panic could be caused by droid-mac using FakePCID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and these being injected from /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder. If you delete these two kexts and try booting again, with the IGPU Device Properties reinstated, it may work.

Also have you tried using 0x04128086 for the fake IntelGFX ID. It shouldn't be needed but you never know with these Haswell systems.

Probably matters little which version of Catalina you are running with this folder. Assuming you have been running earlier versions of macOS and previously created the SSDT-EC.aml, SSDT-HPET.aml and SSDT-Plug.aml, and configured your USB ports.

If you haven't done either here are a couple of useful links:

Corpnewt's SSDTTime-master can be obtained via this link, for creating the three SSDT's - https://github.com/corpnewt/SSDTTime

UtterDisbelief's Guide to USB port configuration - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/

A couple of things to watch with your Asus system when using this folder:

Audio will be different, the Gigabyte board uses a 'Realtek ALC898 codec', your Asus board uses 'SupremeFX 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC'. They may require different Layout ID's. Currently the config injects Layout ID=1.

Darkwake boot argument in the config.plist will need to be changed from darkwake=10 (used by Gigabyte boards) to darkwake=1, which is used for Asus boards.

The Ethernet kext required for your system may differ as well, the Gigabyte board has 2x Intel Ethernet ports (not sure which version(s) so I added IntelMausiEthernet.kext as that is the most likely to work), your Asus board has a single Intel® I218V, which can have the one of the following Device ID's -
0x1559, 0x15A1, 0x15A3. The kext provided probably contains the Device ID for your Ethernet port, so it may work just fine.

@blackberry4311 here is a folder that may work better with your system.

Attachments

• CLOVER_Asus.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 76
Finally, I found out the problem, I plug the monitor cable into the DVI port (I have 2 monitors), just unplug it and it works normally, audio work, internet work, all things work fine now. Now I search over the internet for enabling DVI in Catalina, in Mojave, I just plugged it into and do nothing, but I think there something diff in Catalina. Do you have any idea?

Edit: I used your clover folder in the last post, thank mate.

I have no idea why the DVI would not work in Catalina when it worked in Mojave. I wouldn't expect the Intel drivers to have been changed for the Haswell HD4600, new drivers added but no changes to the older model drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back