Contribute
Register

Catalina - Intel HD4600 not detected

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see, anw thank mate. I will make a little bit more research and post results when things get done.

Edit: because of my mobo and monitor, I'm using cable DVI(mobo) -> HDMI(monitor) currently. In the guideline of hackintool, they recommend to use DVI-> DVI, I will check more about this.

Edit2: for some rare reason, I must boot up and logged in, after that, plugged in DVI cable, 2 monitors work like a charm, but if I keep 2 monitors and start booting from clover, boot process hang.

Last edited:
Well you got a different motherboard. Unfortunately the iGPU settings for the Z97 series do not work on the Z87 series motherboards. :(
Well you got a different motherboard. Unfortunately the iGPU settings for the Z97 series do not work on the Z87 series motherboards. :(

droid-mac

Did you ever figure it out?
I have the same MOBO as you and are having the same issue.
Could you also share your working Config P list

That is not an accurate statement.

I have a number of Haswell H87, Z87, H97 and Z97 motherboards and the same IGPU settings work for me on all of them.

I have not found that the different chipsets change the way the HD 4600 IGPU works or is activated.

Some of my systems run 'Headless', i.e. with no connectors active and a discrete GPU providing all the Graphical power. See the two screenshots from the Hackintool > Patch > Info and Connectors tabs for my iMac1 system below:

Screenshot 2020-10-29 at 13.34.31.png Screenshot 2020-10-29 at 13.34.41.png

The first screenshot shows the Framebuffer settings used for my HD 4600, with the SMBIOS for an iMac 15.1.

The second shows the 'Dummy' connectors created by the 'Headless' Framebuffer.

So my /OC/config.plist contains the APPL,ig-platform-id=0B001204 (reversed Platform ID in pairs), as shown below in this screenshot of the DeviceProperties section from my config.plist, screenshot taken from ProperTree:

Screenshot 2020-10-29 at 13.42.51.png

I have a couple of systems with the IGPU running the graphical display (DVI or HDMI connection). In this case I use the following AAPL,ig-platform-id: 0300220D in place of 0B001204. As this Desktop framebuffer for the HD 4600 enables 3 connectors, two of which match with the DVI and HDMI ports on my motherboard(s).

it matters not if the HD 4600 IGPU is within an i5-4440, i7-4770K or an i7-4790K, the same settings work for all of them.

I always enable the HD 4600 in the BIOS, even if it is to be used with a discrete GPU undertaking the main graphics work. This is the way a real Mac works and our Hack's should be set to match the Mac GPU configuration where possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back