Contribute
Register

Catalina Installer Issue - Restart Loop

Status
Not open for further replies.
try install catalina 10.15.1 with clover 5098. my problem that was as same as you fixed.but dont forget to use DSDT path .

Hi Feartech & med

No luck. I tried both of your suggestions but to no avail. Any other avenue that I should be looking into. The same scenario is playing out, where the installer suddenly quits or goes into panic mode while showing 4 minutes remaining at the second stage of the installation.

Thanking in advance.

Hi Feartech & med

No luck. I tried both of your suggestions but to no avail. Any other avenue that I should be looking into. The same scenario is playing out, where the installer suddenly quits or goes into panic mode while showing 4 minutes remaining at the second stage of the installation.

Thanking in advance.

Hi Feartech & med

Just an update. It was definitely some kernel (?) panic, because after the sudden reboot when I tried to access the Clover bootloader via the USB, in verbose mode, Clover indicated that it was restarting after a panic.

Any suggestions?

Hi Feartech & med

Just an update. It was definitely some kernel (?) panic, because after the sudden reboot when I tried to access the Clover bootloader via the USB, in verbose mode, Clover indicated that it was restarting after a panic.

Any suggestions?

Hi Feartech & med

Can anyone suggest how I can figure out what the KP was? Is there some kind of log I can access to view the cause of error? Need help!

Hi Movilegodson

Thanks for the tip. Will try it out when I get home. Will keep you posted on the update.

Hi Movilegodson

No luck once again. This time around the one change is that now it quits the second stage installation while showing about 9 minutes remaining. Any help is appreciated.

Now you need to implement this: have SSDT-EC.aml if required, in EFI folder.
Hi Movilegodson

No luck either. I have no idea what's happening anymore. Always getting stuck at the same place where all of sudden the installer quits and reboots. Once you get access to CBM via the USB, you end up with another clover option that says install from "Your SSSD/HDD title" - Data. And the whole thing repeats itself with kernel panic at the 3 minutes remaining mark. Can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back