CPU
Intel Core i3-6006U CPU @ 2.00GHz
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 520 | 1366x768
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello all! First post here. Sorry if something is wrong.

My laptop (Acer Swift 3, 14-51), is generally working I think, because besides the Wi-Fi chip not working in macOS, everything else was supposed to work, but the installer cannot find my SSD!

I created a Catalina installer using Unibeast, and added a few useful kexts (such as the P2C Voodoo controller, unsupported SATA kext), as well as adding the correct config.plist for my Intel HD Graphics 520. I also added an SSDT-EC.aml file appropriate for my Skylake laptop.

I have attached my EFI folder, and following are the results from lspci about SSD type and SATA connector type. Thankyou
Code:
00:17.0 SATA controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP SATA Controller [AHCI mode] (rev 21)
SSD Model: KINGSTON RBUSNS8180DS3128GH (SBFK10D7)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Hello all! First post here. Sorry if something is wrong.

My laptop (Acer Swift 3, 14-51), is generally working I think, because besides the Wi-Fi chip not working in macOS, everything else was supposed to work, but the installer cannot find my SSD!

I created a Catalina installer using Unibeast, and added a few useful kexts (such as the P2C Voodoo controller, unsupported SATA kext), as well as adding the correct config.plist for my Intel HD Graphics 520. I also added an SSDT-EC.aml file appropriate for my Skylake laptop.

I have attached my EFI folder, and following are the results from lspci about SSD type and SATA connector type. Thankyou
Code:
00:17.0 SATA controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP SATA Controller [AHCI mode] (rev 21)
SSD Model: KINGSTON RBUSNS8180DS3128GH (SBFK10D7)
nothing attached

so sorry! I have attached it now on original post. thank you!
all looks ok, try removing:
AHCI_Intel_Generic_SATA.kext

maybe check to see if there is a firmware update for your drive

all looks ok, try removing:
AHCI_Intel_Generic_SATA.kext

maybe check to see if there is a firmware update for your drive
ahh thank you that worked! I could successfully install Catalina, but attempting to boot it from the Clover in my USB didn’t work because it went on a boot loop, jumping from a grey screen with a pointer to the boot up splash and progress bar.

Any tips? I feel so close to being able to run macOS!

ahh thank you that worked! I could successfully install Catalina, but attempting to boot it from the Clover in my USB didn’t work because it went on a boot loop, jumping from a grey screen with a pointer to the boot up splash and progress bar.

Any tips? I feel so close to being able to run macOS!
may take a few attempts when booting from usb to complete installation

It’s done installing, as Clover now shows my SSD populated with “Recovery” and “macOS”. still, i’ll keep my laptop running on this bootloop for 1 hour and update if anything interesting happens. Thank you!

Ah it didn’t work, it kept going back to 50% in the progress bar and switching to a grey screen. Any chance something is wrong in my config.plist? Maybe a GPU setting bug? I’m so close to getting it running.

Ah it didn’t work, it kept going back to 50% in the progress bar and switching to a grey screen. Any chance something is wrong in my config.plist? Maybe a GPU setting bug? I’m so close to getting it running.
couldn't see anything wrong with your files, maybe wipe and reinstall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back